Distortion Pedal needed - MI Audio Tube Zone?

RDM

I've been going through some older posts here on TGP and I think the Tube Zone is what I'm looking for.

I'm using 2 HSH style guitars and my Bassman LTD combo. I'd like to get something close to a Boogie Triple Rec rhythm sound. I'm not a shredder, but looking for something with some nice, tight low end notes. I'm also on a budget...so I think the TZ is my best bet. Thoughts?

RDM

To give you an idea of what I'm going for....more of a punk rock type of rhythym type of thing...haha.

brattmoore

I love the Tube Zone. It's one of the very few pedals that sounds great through bright OR mellow amps. It's super versatile and not as bass heavy as some other high gain pedals.

es125luv

I've been going through some older posts here on TGP and I think the Tube Zone is what I'm looking for.

I'm using 2 HSH style guitars and my Bassman LTD combo. I'd like to get something close to a Boogie Triple Rec rhythm sound. I'm not a shredder, but looking for something with some nice, tight low end notes. I'm also on a budget...so I think the TZ is my best bet. Thoughts?

I have one that needs a home.

It is the newer model with six knobs and the internall presence trimmer. pm me!!! I have downsized my new rig, and I have too many drive pedals. I am going for more of a light bluesy crunch these days, so unfortunately, this has to go. I also use an Emma Reeza for more of a Marshall Crunch.

Let me know!

HBob

I really like mine. More than my Reeza. I think it's perfect for what you described. When (if) you do get one, turn up the presence trim pot ( the internal one ) all the way. I didn't like mine until after I did that.

aksman

I just bought the Reeza, and I think I'll stick with my TZ... it's just more what I'm looking for (Mesa-y, but unique).

J.T. Guitar

Platinum Member
Don't forget to try the TZ with an 18 or 24 volt center pin - adaptor. (I use a Dunlop 18V) Cleaner, more headroom... More amplike.

RDM

I just got the TZ in today and I'm quite impressed. It's perfect for what I needed.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom