• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Distortion pedals: tight/treble/gritty/fender-like?

nrvana8775

Hey, I'm on the hunt for a distortion pedal.
I use a bandmaster reverb for cleans, and I'm looking for something that retains a nice focused/shimmer character, but has a bit of grit/gain.

Currently looking at the EGDM standard, but it seems to have a bit of that vox mid-range honk.

Is there anything that would be akin to a fender sound, but high-gain?
Edit: using a g&l legacy w/ loller imperial.

Last edited:

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
I've been recommending this for practically everything these days, but the XTS Winford drive is incredible and will deliver those tones in spades.

Pazz

Wampler Tweed '57

more distortion than the previously mentioned Black '65 but probably not as shimmery.

The Tweed 57 is extremely touch sensitive and is a fantastic base for other pedals to stack onto. (Timmy, OCD, Rat for example)

Three "input" options for three spectrums of tone. I love mine.

nrvana8775

Wampler Tweed '57

more distortion than the previously mentioned Black '65 but probably not as shimmery.

The Tweed 57 is extremely touch sensitive and is a fantastic base for other pedals to stack onto. (Timmy, OCD, Rat for example)

Three "input" options for three spectrums of tone. I love mine.
Sounds good, probably not enough gain though.

Trending Topics