ditto x2 is a piece of crap - massive volume issue, switch issues

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by groovemeister, Dec 20, 2019.

1. ptdesign

ptdesign Handmade sonic art

Yes. It is a total POS. Failed on me 100 times in the last couole years. Switch tops coming off, switch falling into case, frozen loops, non-starts after looping solo sections and poor sound.

Too bad functions and layout are great.

The Jamman Express is my buddy. Just takes a bit of extra brain to stop it and erase on the fly.

tonedover likes this.
  2. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

TC largely makes garbage these days, which is a shame, since they’re stuff used to be great.
    I use a BOSS RC-1. The typical BOSS foot switch isn’t as ideal for looping, but it’s been absolutely rock solid.

3. InkStained

InkStained Member

This is why I don't start threads complaining about gear.

Also, this is why I use paragraphs.

coltonius likes this.
  4. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

As ridiculous as this sounds, I still think that complaint threads only represent a vocal minority of issues with TCE pedals. Don’t get me wrong- the footswitch issue is rampant and real, and the Ditto X4 was fraught with so many errors I’ve abandoned the thought of buying one long ago.

But as many other pedals as I’ve had over the years (several Polytune iterations, Hall of Fame, Trinity, a few Trinity T2s, a few HoF Minis, Corona Chorus, a few Flashback X4s, and a FB Triple) I’ve never had anything but minor footswitch issues on the X4 units, which is an easy fix. Never software issues.

It’s a shame they don’t have an authorized repair facility in the western hemisphere, it really is. I don’t understand how one could reasonable expect to send a $100 pedal to Denmark, have it repaired, and returned for a reasonable price. Shipping alone prices you out of that option, so I’m baffled by the confusion and surprise/frustration when this issue arises.

The best bet is to EITHER buy new with an extended warranty (GC has a 1 or 2 year option, for instance; I’m sure Sweetwater does as well!) OR buy with the expectation it could break at any point and need to be replaced. Same as any other cheap pedal. :aok

monty likes this.
  5. Sam Xavier

Sam Xavier Member

Aw, come on, lads. I'll openly admit I can be as rough as **** with people when it comes to spelling and grammar - and, it has to be said, beginning anything ever with "k so" is a hanging matter, plain and simple - but OP may well have a point here. Never used TC stuff personally but I've read enough on here and elsewhere to know there's something seriously wrong with their QC, considering the many faults people report.

TBH, I wouldn't normally let things get in the way of a bit of sport but don't dismiss the lad just because he plays fast and loose with the language.

monty likes this.
  6. saladin

saladin Supporting Member

I threw mine in the garbage and bought a Boss looper...no problems now.

7. transmission

transmission Member

Londoner currently enjoying life in Sweden
    Lehle make a switch that's a direct replacement for the Ditto switch, works well.

I modded my Ditto after it started playing up, simple job if you're comfortable soldering.

https://www.lehle-components.com/EN/lehle-switch-btn.html

Install vid here

It's not a cheap fix, especially if you have multiple switches to replace, but it's an option.

LehleSupport, monty and Clyde Billt like this.