Divided by 13 clips?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MusicGearGuys, Aug 10, 2005.

1. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

A friend of mine is buying a Divided by 13. I have never heard on, but hear good things about them.
    Does any body have any clips and experiance with them?

Gregory

2. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

3. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

Those are awesome clips!
    Nice tone anp playing.

Gregory

4. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

Does anyone have Lance's clips of him playing SRV's Lenny? I never heard them and believe they were the clips that started all the (well deserved) hype.

thanks,

Joe

5. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

I wish there were more clips floating around. The SJT37 and RSA23 are very tempting reads but I would love to hear a clip.

6. DerekMinnich

DerekMinnich Member

Those are the clips I liked too but can't find them. The ones of the ERT 33 and FTR 37 on Ultimate Guitar Gear are not really my favorite. The FTR 37 sounds way too crisp and plinky in the clean (on the chords) in my opinion in those clips. Maybe the volume on the amp was really low, only Lance could tell us. Good playing though. The old ones of Lance though that had him doing the lenny stuff on the ERT33 were great though, I wish I could find them.

7. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Lance did a clip of Lenny? Never heard it. I like his clips quite a bit though. They were over at www.UltimateGuitarGear.com, I believe...

8. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

Derek,

Thanks for the reply. Those clips were done on an ERT? Beings it was SRV stuff I assumed it was a FTR but was never really positive. But I know all too well what happens when I assume! If you ever track them down please keep me in mind. I started hanging out here just after those clips were posted and never got a chance to check them out.

I keep trying to snag a used one (FTR) from the emporium but the timing is never right. Just like now there's one on the emporium and don't want to over extend myself. I went on a gear spree earlier this year with a new Tone King Meteor II & Rory Gallagher strat. I may give into my friend and sell him my Fender Gatton Tele he keeps bugging me for to free up some $.

Thanks,

Joe

Leon,

Maybe I'm mistaken (Or just plain ol' stupid) and Lance's clips were SRV type playing, not just Lenny. I have 3 girls under the age of 6 and don't know if I'm coming or going these days. Either way, that might explain why I couldn't find them.

Thanks,

Joe

9. Leonc

Well, of course, Lance may have done a Lenny clip and I never heard it. Coulda happened.

FWIW, I did do a video clip with Lenny in it, I'm pretty sure...but it was video (probably Real Media), not MP3. I also did a clip of "Let the Good Times Roll"...think that one's still on my gear page. I don't think these clips really capture the 37's sound though.

10. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

Derek & Leon,

Have either of you compared the cleans your FTR 37's to a new Tone King Meteor II? I have a TK 40 watt 2X12 combo that is switchable to 20 watts. I'm wondering how similar they are clean wise and if it's worth having two similar amps? I'm not a tweed guy so I don't use the lead channel much on the TK. I'm thinking of buying something like a Howie for leads to fatten things up besides the usual tube screamer type OD. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

P.S. Leon, I have seen your video clips of Lenny before and thought they were great.

11. Leonc

As a matter of fact, I was in a studio maybe two or three months ago with AndyZ and Jere Mendelsohn and we recorded a TK Comet and my '37. Andy may have the clips. To answer your question...to me...their cleans are similar indeed. They're not the same, but similar. Both notably in the Fender vein. The '37 (reverb channel) breaks up earlier, IIRC.

12. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

I remember someone else doing an ERT33 of Lenny.... it wasn't Lance though, was it Mastervolume? I remember, 'cause it was one of the very first /13 clips ever posted.... at least on the Gear Page, and it created quite a stir of GAS.

13. sicktone

sicktone Member

Check out the clips Rusty Anderson's CD, "Undressing Underwater" on CD Baby. Cool album and lots of D13 goodness.

Linkage

Rusty helped get Fred started with the FTR 37. Great player with lots of input into the D13 magic. Enjoy!