Divided By 13 EDT 13/29

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Cvt, May 26, 2008.

1. Cvt

Cvt Member

I just wanted to get opinions on speakers. Fred indicated to me that the Celestion Vintage 30 sounds the best and that is why he sells them with that speaker. After I got my amp I noticed it was a Chinese made V-30. I just do not dig the sound of this speaker and never have. I had a Scumback H75/65 watter from another cab and threw it in and the difference is night and day. The Scumback has sparkly highs even mids and tames the low end slightly...much more musical. I am trying to get opinions from people who have tried other types of speakers with this amp. I am interested in hearing about how the Alnicos sound (any brand).

Cvt

2. porterburst

porterburst Supporting Member

I've aslo used Scumbacks in mine, and loved the tone.

3. minjason

minjason Member

i use mine with a celestion gold, and it sounds fantastic. HUGE sounding with sparkly, chimey highs, very warm midrange, and a tight bottom.

4. teleking36

teleking36 Member

I've got a Scumback H75 in mine. Didn't really like the V30 in it either. Just too "in-your-face" for me. The Scumback is MUCH sweeter sounding to my ears. It stills does clean and mean, but in a much more toneful way.

5. SkydogFan81

SkydogFan81 Supporting Member

Mine sounds great with the V30 and Blue combo...I've got a 4x12 of Scumbacks 55 and 75Hz I think M magnets in an X pattern that I haven't paired it with ..yet!

6. SkydogFan81

PS.. I want that tone in my FACE!

7. Cvt

Cvt Member

If I had one complaint about the amp it would be a lack of mids. I have heard that the Alnico's will tame the lows a bit and sweeten up the mids. I know Scumback is now making the repro Silver Alnico and a lot of people dig them but I would really love to pit that against a Celestion Gold.

Anyone else have a lack of mids issue on their EDT?

8. SkydogFan81

Dude, pull the mid boost!:AOK:dude

9. SkydogFan81

My band just finished a demo and I'm going to post a thread on what is what guitar wise, but you can go ahead and check out our myspace: www.myspace.com/nightsweatmusic I play the EDT in both 13 and 29 watt mode, mid boost pulled vol, bass, and treble around noon, sometimes Vol is around 1:30. The Celestion Blue was mic for everything except the first solo on "Gabilan Way" is the V30 and 29w mode. My guitar is in the Right speaker.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  10. AC30LP

AC30LP Member

skydogfan81...band sounds great..as does your tone

11. SkydogFan81

Thank you very much for listening!