Divided by 13 JJN-LDW

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by hthomas, Feb 12, 2012.

1. hthomas

hthomas Member

Who's played or owned one? Curious to see what y'all thought. It seems like its a great marshall type amp. Not hot rodded but a great rock tone. Worth the price tag?

2. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Own an LDW 17/39 and 2x12F cab (Greenbacks). AMAZING amp. One of the best in my collection! HUGE tones. It's got a little Marshall voice but, a lot more. Much bigger low end and low mid range. Mids a HUGE and fat, with a nice singing top end. It really has it's own thing going on. I guess I'd call it the Divided By 13 voice. Cuts like a knife too, in a mix. It can get wonderful cleans too. Think clean to big better than Marshall tones, IMO! Well worth the price tag, IMO!

3. Charlie_Pace

Charlie_Pace Member

Sickboy is right. I've played the LDW and it's a great amp, withs a great MV. Tons of gain on tap.

4. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Forgot to mention, as Custom Tush did, it has one of THE BEST master volumes around. Seriously! Cranked tones at low volumes!

5. hthomas

hthomas Member

awesome thanks for the info!

6. hthomas

hthomas Member

how is the gain when the push/pull gain boost is pulled?

7. blueline

blueline Member

I have owned both and the LDW is a very clean amp. The JJN is amazing, it can be very clean, but you can also get some of the best driven - even hard rock sounds available out of it. I preferred the JJN, but they are both fantastic as are all of the /13s.

8. strangec

strangec Supporting Member

I've had the LDW and now have the AMW (basically the same amp). Really like it- great amp! Tonally to me its kind of a JCM 800 2204 meets Plexi. Smooth, plenty of bottom, cuts nicely in a mix. The LDW/AMW doesn't have the pull-gain feature, but has enough gain for most current rock

I'd love to try a JJN someday.