1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

*Divided By 13 JRT 9/15 Owners*

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by joek86, May 23, 2011.

1. joek86

joek86 Member

Just got mine last Friday and having allot of fun with it. I'm going to play it at my band's rehearsal this Thursday night and at a gig this Sat the 28th.

There's allot of tones in this amp, I am really surprised! It also sounds way bigger than 9 watts. I am playing with the 6V6 side mostly, but switching into the El84 side for chimier stuff.

I am finding that my RC and BB work well with it and even my Zen and Tim sound good.

Overall, I am very impressed by the amp!

How are you guy's setting this amp with HB guitars?

~Joe

2. joek86

joek86 Member

3. kevin hart

kevin hart Supporting Member

i've been using one since 2004.

i bring up the first volume control (on the left when facing the amp) to a comfortable volume for the room and then add the other channel's volume control taste, which is usually about the same setting, maybe a touch higher.
    the added second channel does not add much volume, but the tone changes. i run it pretty clean and use pedals for dirt.

i usually set the tone switch to one of the setting that would be about 11 o'clock or 1 o'clock.

i adjust the cut control last and it can vary anywhere from fully counter clockwise to 11 o'clock depending on the guitar, speaker, cab, room, etc.

i also switch between both power tube choices depending on what sound i'm looking for.

i think you'll find that the 9/15 is a really versatile amp given the minimal controls it has.

4. joek86

joek86 Member

Thanks Kevin, this is a really cool amp! I'm sure that I will get the hang of it in due time. It definitely operates a little differently than amps that I've had but in a pretty cool way.
    it speaks allot for the amp that you have had it since '04! Is it your main amp?

~Joe