Divided By 13 JRT 9/15 Vs Jackson Ampworks NEWCASTLE 30

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Rick57, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Rick57

Rick57 Member

I know they are different animals . Just curious where the Favorite lies. I was told by one Dealer he hardly sell any Jackson Amps and another Dealer said Just the Opposite that he can't keep the JA's in stock and the D-13 sit around a long time.

I currently have The BTR23, and looking to broaden my tone range.

2. dbeeman

dbeeman Gold Supporting Member

If I had a jackson Newcastle I could compare ;)

I have played through some Jackson amps that sounded great.

I have a div 13 JRT 9/15 that sounds very good now
    Other div SJT 10/20 13 I had sounded good but was not my cup 'o tea

3. Gazza

Gazza Member

I thought my BTR was the bomb until I got an LDW. I hated the JRT, personally.

4. Rick57

Rick57 Member

I ended up with a NewCastle 30 because the Dealer wouldn't cancel my order even though it had never left the shop. However upon arrival playing it thru a 2x12 Blue and Heritage 30 it's definitely got that voxey tone . So even though my purchase experience left nothing to be desired. I have to say the Amp is definitely all it's claimed to be. Having it with the BTR23 may be all I need.

5. Ekluksdahl

Ekluksdahl Member

/13 makes great amps. I have a friend that LOVES his FTR37. I can't dog on that company.... I can say after owning many amps, I have four going on five Jackson amps that have served me super well in many different playing scenarios.
    My vote is the NC30!

6. Kitten Cannon

Kitten Cannon Member

I haven't played the /13 yet, although it sounds like a cool amp. That said, I do have the NC30 that I ordered sort of on a whim not expecting to like it or use it nearly as much as I have. I never expected it would be my main amp. I wouldn't really describe it as "Voxy" though -- it has elements of that, I guess, but I've played a lot of Voxes and Vox-based amps and hated every single one of them. The NC30 is kind of its own animal, thankfully.