Divided By 13 pedal users?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hw2nw, Jul 17, 2006.

1. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

Hey guys, just wanted to see who's using their /13 pedals, and with what amps! I'm not sure if I want a Joyride or Dynaranger, but I'd love to hear from anybody. I think it's pretty cool how you can swap transistors on some of the pedals, too. Haven't heard too much about these, and there are limited reviews on HC. Any info/opinions are appreciated! :RoCkIn

Thanks!

2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. Silver Supporting Member

Hi,

I use both a Joyride and the DynaRanger with my ERT 33, and can't say enough good things about them.

Both pedals are capable of a wide assortment of different tones, so I would imagine they would work with lots of other amps. But I have to restate, they sound wonderful with the 33.

Sorry I don't have enough time right now to get into details, but I give them both a big :AOK . If I could only keep one, I'd probably keep the Dyna Ranger. That pedal is so well matched to the 33.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I'll try to answer when I can.

Have fun!
    Dennis E.

3. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

Thanks for the helpful info! What kind of OD tones can you get from the Ranger? I know you can do treble booster tones with it, but anything else? I'm assuming it's a natural match with EL84's.

4. Dennis E.

Hi,

The way I use the DRanger is kind of a heavy OD (heavy for me, that is) ... but the pedal occupies the space between an OD and a fuzz very comfortably.

I can use it as a straight up Tbooster, an OD with a very full and thick bottom end, or a light fuzz that holds together very well (think fuzz face as opposed to big muff) ... Plus, I can use my volume control to bring it up to full rage, or back down for that sparkly sound that germanium gives you on about 6-7 on the volume knob.

The 5/6??? position tone switch helps me match the ped to any guitar I own. I would think you'd have a blast with this pedal if you're going to be using it with an RSA31.

Really good pedal.

Cheers,
    Dennis

5. tedwoods

tedwoods Member

Hi Dennis,

I love the Dynaranger through my JRT too.
    Have you ever stacked it with the Joyride?Joyride as medium OD and Dyna as booster?

Thanks,

Ted

6. SmelltheGlove

SmelltheGlove Member

I'm looking at the Dyna-Ranger to go thru my Orange Rockerverb - anybody with experience with that combo?

7. Gil1

Gil1 Member

Do you have any problems with Radio stations on your DynaRanger?
    I've been getting radio through mine.

8. tedwoods

tedwoods Member

Only on one occasion.It stopped after a couple of minutes though.Never had that problem again.

Ted

9. Dennis E.

Hi Ted,

No, I haven't tried that ... I typically use the Joyride as a clean boost ... and with the amp's Click channel, I don't need much boost!

If I use the DRanger with the Click Channel ... yikes! I love that ... sounds like the amp's gonna explode.

But hey, I'll give it a try this weekend! Thanks for the tip.

Oh, and my DRanger has not picked up any RF yet ... it's been totally quiet.

Fingers crossed,
    Dennis E.

10. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

hw2 - i have a dynaranger here not on my current board if you want to hear it.....

11. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

how does the lift compare with the super hard on, for a boost with a vox amp.