Divided By 13 / Pedals ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by kevin hart, Aug 15, 2005.

1. kevin hart

kevin hart Supporting Member

after using amps with pre-amp distortion for quite a few years i've started using a divided by 13 9/15 amp. since i haven't been using pedals for overdrive, my question is, what overdrive pedals work well with the divided by 13 amps? i find i use the 6v6 power section more than the el84 section if this makes a difference.

2. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I just got an FRT 37 head and my Klon sounds great with it.

3. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

I own my FTR37 BECAUSE it works so well with pedals (it's a 6V6 amp as well). Kind of like an old Deluxe Reverb....very happy to be paired with a few cool pedals. I use a Drivetrain, a Sparkle Drive, and a Hot British on my pedalboard. From my experiences, 6V6 amps tend to love OD pedals, where El84 amps can sound a bit choked up (again, to me....and yes there are a lot of factors that can change this statement. But as a working playing, this has been my experience with my pedals, my guitars, and my fingers). That said, enjoy!

:dude

4. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

My latest project here during some down time is to go through all my bags and boxes of pedals as well as a few new ones and try to thin the herd a little. The problem I'm having is that so many of them sound much better than I have ever heard them because my test amp is a FTR37.

Man this amp sounds great with pedals and I'm a guy who doesn't really like pedals that much. I find something new to like about this amp everytime I plug in.

Kenny M.

5. Roccaforte Amps

Roccaforte Amps Member

Doesn't Fred make his own pedals; http://www.dividedby13.com/accessories.html

6. Killa-B

Killa-B Member

Yeah, Fred's pedals are impressive. I own a Dyna-Ranger, and it has a great sound and is very usable with many amps.

7. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

8. texzy

texzy Member

I have a 9/15 and I use and highly recommend the Sex Drive and RC Xotic.

9. Mastervolume

Mastervolume Member

9/15 with the landgraff DO is a killer combination!

I also really like my burriss boostiest with this amp.

10. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I've got a FD II, a COT50, a TC Jauernig DGTM and a Time Machine Boost that you could try. (also, a McFuzz should be here tomorrow)

:D

I have a '65 Deluxe that gets on real well with the DGTM. The FDII set to flat mids is great too.

11. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

I think I've had amps that are better with pedals than the Divided by 13 amps...but they're damn good, especially considering how rich and responsive they are. I find that a lot of overdrive/distortion pedals tend to work best with amps that are a little stiffer and little thinner (less rich, at any rate) sounding.

Thing is...you don't need much with these amps, particularly the two channel models just between your guitar volume knob and and your channel switcher, you've got a lot of bases covered.

12. studio8000

studio8000 Member

i've had sucess with my Landgraff DO with all the different models of D13 amps i've had. the Pro Analog Dual Drive sounds great too. also my Moollon Distortion which is basically a Cornish SS-2 in a smaller box. they all sound great!

13. Leonc

Funny, I thought the Dual Drive sounded mediocre at best through my '37. Not bad at all, but not great. I particularly like the AC Booster through the '37...but the next guy will probably hate it :rolleyes: :p

14. studio8000

studio8000 Member

heh heh.. i've had the AC and yea, i didnt dig it that much. but i guess there are a lot of variables like guitar, pickups, amp/pedal settings, and how much/little gain you need. etc.
    i dont currently have a 37 anymore. so i havent tried the DD through one. but i have used it through the 10/20 which is similar and thought it sounded great. it has a particular sound. i dont just have 1 overdrive as my main, but between the DD, DO and Moollon i got a lot of sounds to choose from.

15. Leonc

Yeah in addition to guitars, pickups other variables, there's always the biggest variable of all: our individual tastes...

16. studio8000

studio8000 Member

heh heh.. very true.