Divided by 13 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Deuce007, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Deuce007

Deuce007 Member

Hi all, im not an amp guru by any means and was hoping i could ask a question of you, i have 2 D13s ftr 37 and a RSA 23, do you guys know if i can swap out tubes on these amps with out re-biasing?, right now im running the stock groove tubes that came in them.

I was thinking about going with some type of NOS tubes what are your guys thoughts, are they worth the hype?

thanks

2. Deuce007

Deuce007 Member

i found out about thr rebias thing, anyone using NOS tubes?..or have the D 13s fell out of favor.

or should i ask this in the tech area?

3. cr8z4life

cr8z4life Member

I have owned the ftr 37 and the rsa 23 big box and now have the 10/20 and rsa 23 combo........never felt the need to mess with any of them ....they sound good the way they are!!

4. proUK

proUK Member

I have a RSA 23, RSA31 and FTR37 and spoke to Fred last week and asked the same question,the answer was he has tried NOS valves in the amps and on back to back comparisons the GT's had done surprisingly well. We spoke about a few different valve options, but i came away with less of an itch to change.

Didnt ask about the bias adjustment.

Cheers

5. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

you must rebias the 37.. the 23 is class A and may be just plug and play but call Fred and ask him!!!

6. SkydogFan81

SkydogFan81 Supporting Member

My EDT has NOS Mullards in the pres. The JJ's did sound really good. The mullards do sound more heavenly, its hard to say how much though. Sounded great stock.