Divided By 13 Rock Block 1x12 Vs Stone Age 1x12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bobotwt, May 19, 2015.

1. bobotwt

bobotwt Supporting Member

I have always played open back or ported cabs like Pure 64 or Forte. I've been wanting a closed back 1x12 cab to get more of that midrange honk I love in some of those old recordings and also so the tone is more consistent when playing some open rooms without a wall to back the cab up. Some of the open backs I have used turn to thin anemic tone when away from a wall or outdoors.

Anyone have experience with either of these? I hear great things about the Stone Age and the ability to partially open the back is intriguing. I'm also curious as to the partial opening overcomes the aforementioned problem. The Divided sounds awesome as well due to the design to make it sound more like a 4x12. Thoughts?

Josh

2. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I gigged a Rock Block 1x12 for over a year with a BTR23 head. Great combo. I had an ASW Crossroads in it. Here is a video of it in action at a concert we played. There are some with a strat too.

3. strangec

strangec Supporting Member

I have most of the StoneAge cabs- 412B, 212C, 212B- nothing but grant things to say. John accommodated all my requests on every cab and - same Creambacks in all- they all sound fantastic albeit different.

I also have a D13 112RB and had a 212D. I like the RB. I'd have preferred a SA 112, but it was a 1/2" to narrow for my AMW39 head. StoneAge quality was superior in every regard to the D13.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015