Divided By 13 RSA 23

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 20forSeven, May 23, 2008.

1. 20forSeven

20forSeven Member

Will I regret buying an RSA 23 without the click channel? If I like to use pedals for overdrive would the click channel be necessary?

2. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

IMO, the click channel is worth the price of admission on the RSA23. The good news is that there's not a whole lot of clean headroom on tap to begin with, and if you're using some od's that you like, you should be fine.

Resale? You'll take a hit because most folks want this amp with the click channel. If you think that you'll keep it for ever and ever, you should be fine going with the single channel version.

Good luck. It's a great amp!

3. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

Click channels on D13s are pretty impressive and give you that much more versatility.

I too use a lot of pedals to shape my tone...
    But,
    I would definitely go for one with the Click.

4. rcgpny1

rcgpny1 Member

Go for the click version and pick up a switchazel, which will allow you to select or blend the channels, and add boost. You can get more headroom by using the lower gain inputs. The voicings at each of the "click" positions are very musical . I also find the click channel to be extremely touch responsive. Even more so than the excellent normal channel.

5. rustolium

rustolium Member

Yeah, I'm not sure why you would buy a RSA 23 without the Click. The TMB is sweet, but having the click is really nice. The only folks that would not get the click are the ones who have had a 23 before and know they don't want the click (IMO), if you are asking, you probably should shed the extra cash and get it.

If you want a really harmonically rich and complex take on OD, you want the click on the 23. I would not say that about all /13s. The 23 and the click are very good together.

Also, the suggestion of a switchhazel with the amp is spot on. All the two channel /13s should just come with one. :) They are perfect together.

have fun. Oh wait, you will.

6. bluessyndicate

bluessyndicate Member

7. Franktone

Franktone Member

What is a click channel?

8. Franktone

Franktone Member

Does an amp with a click channel have a foot switch that you can use to "click" from the clean channel to the overdrive channel, or is a click channel a channel that has a tone control that has click increments to it like a Matchless amp? Thanks in advance.

9. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

BINGO! :)

10. Franktone

Franktone Member

Thanks Enharmonic.

11. nolenuttt

nolenuttt Gold Supporting Member

+1 on the Click channel and the Switchazel-No reason to buy the 23 without it-It's where the honey is-:munch

12. PaulE

PaulE Supporting Member

Gotsta have the click. Takes it to a whole nuther place.
    I love my RSA-don't be fooled by the 23 watts thing she is a loud amp.
    But I like loud....

13. bluessyndicate

bluessyndicate Member

I had been neglecting my other amps (Aiken Invader 50, Bruno UG30, /13 RSA 23, 64 Ampeg Gemini I) recently since my Kingsley D32R had come in and I was giving it all the love.

Recently I was upstairs where I keep all the other amps..and I decided to plug into the RSA 23.

Damn this amp is an experience to play. Especially when you can get the channel voumes up to 75%....sometimes I try to avoid an attenuator with this amp, and minimize the EQ settings in order to minimize volume while allowing me to get the channle volumes up to 50%...but this time I said forget it....set the channel volumes to 75% where the crazy harmonic content lies, and used the attenuator as necessary.

A strat with a humbucker in the bridge...

Glorious!

Attenuator did not bug me a bit... and the amp sounded sick!