1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Divided By Thirteen Prices

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by AdamLee, Sep 24, 2006.

1. AdamLee

AdamLee Member

What are some average prices and waiting time period for these amps.

2. mlongano

mlongano Supporting Member

Adam,

I have a thread out there with the names of all of the Divided By 13 dealers. If you give one of them a call, they'd be happy to fix you up. People, as a rule here, do not readily discuss new prices publicly.

Just search for "Divided By 13 Dealer List" using the "Search Titles Only" option (without the quote marks of course).

Oh hell, never mind, here's the thread for you:

www.thegearpage.net/board/search.php?searchid=801302

3. Blueser

Blueser Member

When did this rule come into effect? I have seen pricing discussed around here many times.

4. mlongano

Sorry, it's not a rule...just that I've noticed most people don't discuss it too much.

Hey Dave, are you thinking of getting a Concorde?

Pete's clips are amazing...I just wish the chops came with the amp!!

5. Blueser

Blueser Member

Yeah....Some people get squeemish when talking $$$$.... I agree!

Man.....I am GAS'N bad for a Concorde. I have owned every Komet model to date, and I have just the Constellation now (Over three years so far, and it's getting handed down to my boys!).

Pete's clips are crazy good. The Constellation gets the same level of gain as the Concorde, based on the clips. I wish I could play them side by side to see. I also thought the 60 (i've owned two) was an awesome amp, but I really wanted a Bruno UG30 with a Blues loaded matching cabinet, so I made the sacrifice. I probably should have held onto the 80 as well. It was a huge blues machine to be sure, and the tolex was the coolest. Threads like these make me want to get one of each model! :jo

I just saw your rig pic in the bedroom amp thread. I really didn't need to see that. I actually like the Germino and THD cabs the best as well. That's what I am running today.

6. mlongano

Hey David,

Why not take your Constellation to Ultrasound in Manhattan, pay them $20.00 for an hour of studio rental with a Concorde, and you can A/B the Concorde with the Constellation till your heart's content? A friend of mine from Boston just made the trip there and came away buying a Concorde.

7. Blueser

Blueser Member

Because that will almost certainly push me over the edge, and I am trying to exhibit some sense of control! :D Ultrasound is too damn close, and it's a very dangerous place! :nono

Seriously....I have to get over there and play one!!!

8. RichSZ

RichSZ Member

Last time I checked $2600 + shipping and anywhere from 2-4 months build time.

I will say my FTR 37 is still impressing me after almost 2 years. Still my benchmark amp.

-Rich

9. emjee

emjee Member

Hi fellow gearheads,

Dont mean to seem dense but I think I missed somethin? The thread started out about prices and lead times for /13 amps, but now that its been brought up, how do they compare with the Komet amps? Is the Concorde a new model of Komet?
    I mean price differences, tone, features, etc. Is that why Komets were mentioned?

Thanks

Matt
    San Rafael, Ca

10. mlongano

Sorry for hijacking th thread Matt...David and I got into a little conversation about Komets simply because we like them...Komets and Divided By 13s are two very different amps, including signature tone, feel, and price.

The Concorde is the newest model introduced by the boys down in Baton Rouge.

11. TiEsQue

TiEsQue Member

Would you care to elaborte? I'd love to hear a brief description of the differences from someone who owns both amps.

12. mlongano

It's been three weeks...I thought this thread was dead!!

I would have to say in general both the Komet amps and the Divided By 13 amps have a signature tone that's quite different from eachother.

The Komets are aggressive fairly bright voiced amps, that are very fast in terms of response, and are very unforgiving amps as a result. They force you to play better, or at least try to play better!!

The Divided By 13s have their own signature sound, definitely mellower and a bit darker than the Komets, not nearly as fast in terms of their response. I believe the Divided By 13s have more of a Fenderish quality to them, while the Komets lean more towards the Marshall end of the tonal spectrum.

I would say that the Divided By 13 FTR37 has a pristine clean, and a Komet 60 or Komet Concorde has an unbelievable overdrive. That's not to say that the Komet cleans are no good, or the Divided By 13 overdrive is unsatisfactory. Quite the contrary, both of these amps play very welll clean and overdriven, but if you could have a two amp rig, I can't imagine a better combination than the FTR37 for cleans, and the Komet 60 or Concorde for dirt.

If you search the threads you'll find quite a few reviews on both of these builders amps, many written by people here on TGP with far more experience than myself.

13. webs

webs Supporting Member

Take one million dollars.
    Divide by thirteen.
    :crazyguy

14. sicktone

sicktone Member

If you have to ask...you'll never understand:D

15. TiEsQue

TiEsQue Member

mlongano, Thanks for the comparison. :AOK

16. Chun13

Chun13 Member

in europe a FTR costs 2850€ (the head only...)

17. hansoloist

hansoloist Supporting Member

Yup, you said it.

peace
    -jeff

18. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

19. klatuu

klatuu Member

No matter who he used to "hype" his amps, he's been pretty successful. I look at it like he used 4 relatively obscure names and was successful despite that fact. If the amps were in fact hype only, they eventually wouldn't sell.....cream rises to the top.
    As far as pricing goes, they aren't any more expensive than most other boutique amps, and a lot cheaper than some. As far as Fendery/Marshally.......I don't see it......sure they have nuances of Fender and Marshall, but hey that's what we use as reference points, and we do it with every amp builder.
    As usual,YMMV

20. studio8000

studio8000 Member

i'm sorry, but i will have to respectfully disagree. seems like you lumped all of the D13's into this "fenderish quality". Fred currently offers 10 amps. all different... sure some are close to that "fendery thing", but not all. some are most definitely more of a British/ Marshall/ vox type thing and sound nothing like Fenders. if you were referring to your FTR specifically, then i can understand your evaluation. but it sounded like you were lumping all of Fred's amp under the category of "mellower... Fenderish quality"

for example, the RSA's are definitely british amp influenced and are aggresive and very quick. the JRT has a very quick response as well. my Komet K60 (when i had it) i felt was a good amp, but not necessarily a "faster" or more aggresive amp. just differnet. and in the end, after playing live with all these amps, i ended up keeping and preferring my D13's. but thats me.