• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

    Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

    You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

    We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.


Divided by Thirteen RSA 23

cr8z4life

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
3,759
Dont expect to see many of these come up used!!!

Just got mine today and I have to tell you this is the amp I have been looking for!! For me I dont think it can get any better than this. The cleaner channel just has this mixture of marshall with the chime of a vox thrown in!! It just sounds awesome.....just enough headroom....especially with a strat at volume with the volume knob on the guitar turned down to clean it up.......I just cant say enough about the tone!!

Then the click channel......well, best way to describe it is..... your gonna save a ton of money on OD pedals.....you dont need them!!! No, really.......the click tone knob gives you such an assortment of different gain tones its unreal....All you need is a voodoo lab amp selector and plug into both channels and rock!!!!!

Now the bad news.......I already have to send it back (thank you fed-ex) a connection must have come loose in transit because on the click channel it keeps cutting out....:mad: .....Cant believe I waited 4 months and now I have to send it back........what a tease!!!!! But between this and my FTR 37 I am done........really......
 

MightyGuru

Member
Messages
6,982
Originally posted by cr8z4life
Now the bad news.......I already have to send it back (thank you fed-ex) a connection must have come loose in transit because on the click channel it keeps cutting out....:mad: .....Cant believe I waited 4 months and now I have to send it back........what a tease!!!!! But between this and my FTR 37 I am done........really......
My gosh....can anything be more irritating or anticlimactic?

Sorry to hear about the shipping foibles....
 

thelionsden

Member
Messages
918
Dude, there has to be somebody around you, including maybe you yourself, that can look inside and see what possibly simple thing is wrong...Before you ship it two more times across the country! ;) :D BTW you have me totally stoked to hear this amp....
 

cr8z4life

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
3,759
Just following instructions......when I told Fred about it, his instructions were to send it right back....this way he can deal with fed-ex on it......I think he wants to make sure the amp is perfect.....
 

thelionsden

Member
Messages
918
Originally posted by cr8z4life
Just following instructions......when I told Fred about it, his instructions were to send it right back....this way he can deal with fed-ex on it......I think he wants to make sure the amp is perfect.....
Well, I guess I can understand that then, but still seems like overkill to me...Might just be a loose tube..or somethin' easy

Blessings

Dennis
 

ROKY

Member
Messages
7,223
What is total wattage on this amp ?

I'm assuming that the RSA23 is 23 "clean" watts, but how many
over all ?

Or maybe the more important question is: how loud is it ?
 

GasMask

Member
Messages
3,420
Originally posted by cr8z4life
Now the bad news.......I already have to send it back (thank you fed-ex) a connection must have come loose in transit because on the click channel it keeps cutting out....:mad: .....Cant believe I waited 4 months and now I have to send it back........what a tease!!!!!
I know how bad that sux! Most, if not all of us have been there in one way or another. You know Fred will take care of you! In the meantime, I think we need an RSA23 support group for everyone waiting on one!!! :D
 
Messages
154
That sucks cr8z4life!!

I'm sure that they won't do the amp justice, but when can we hear clips of the rsa 23? I'm really starting to lose sleep over just talk about this amp, and want to get an idea what this puppy really sounds like.

Alternatively, Is there anyone in or around Atlanta that has one and wouldn't mind letting me hear it in person?
 

iainmc

Member
Messages
843
roky,

you can expect this amp to peak at around 40w

i have the first 'production" rsa23 (he made the protos & then changed them again & did an update for rusty - i got the first with the eventual design). it is a different amp than i played at his place. a year later i still love it, but would like a little more big clean head room ala my other mainstay - a matchless Clubman.

as for loudness, i played with some fellows - a loud drummer (i shoudl say LOUD) & a bass player with an svt + an 8x10 & it more than kept up - in fact everyone said the collective volume was a little too loud. if you get shows that that volume is ok, i congratulate you...

the rsa23 is not a big loud clean amp. it is a Marshall-y type amp that breaks up pretty quickly. I am interested to head a friends ert33 that is presently getting modded to rsa31 that is coming soon.

having said that, my own white whale is the sound i got from a 70s 50w Marshall jmp combo I sold 12 years ago (in Seattle at trading musician if anyone has it - changed grill cloth to black & a couple of other markings i know)- this amp is the closest i have experienced to that amp & it rawks.

The combination with a g12h & a blue bell is awesome. however, if anything i would say the g12h is the perfect speaker with this amp (having blown a blue bell for dumb reasons - see my above comment about the amp peaking at 40w - the blue bell is a 15w speaker...) if i were to do it again, i woudl do a cab with 2xg12h's - i used a matchless cab for a while with this amp (because i, err, blew a speaker...) & it was great.

it takes time to get a /13 but it is worth it...

/i
 

cr8z4life

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
3,759
I have it currently set up with two new model heritage greenbacks and love them with it.....I also have a cab with a g12h30 and a v30 and I'll have to compare them.....question.....is the treble really sensitive on yours and as you go up on treble it also seams to effect the output....less treble seems like more power and dirtier??
 

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Messages
18,940
I should get my RSA23 next week, with the 4x12 cab.

How does it compare to the Komet Constellation volume-wise?
 

cr8z4life

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
3,759
Cant tell you how it compares to the constellation. I have heard them and liked them but unless they are in the same room at the same time through the same speakers......couldnt tell ya.

I will say its loud enough for me and I am sure my bandmembers as usual will ask me to "turn it down" To me its got just enough of everything I like!
 

ROKY

Member
Messages
7,223
Originally posted by iainmc
roky,

you can expect this amp to peak at around 40w

i have the first 'production" rsa23 (he made the protos & then changed them again & did an update for rusty - i got the first with the eventual design). it is a different amp than i played at his place. a year later i still love it, but would like a little more big clean head room ala my other mainstay - a matchless Clubman.

as for loudness, i played with some fellows - a loud drummer (i shoudl say LOUD) & a bass player with an svt + an 8x10 & it more than kept up - in fact everyone said the collective volume was a little too loud. if you get shows that that volume is ok, i congratulate you...

the rsa23 is not a big loud clean amp. it is a Marshall-y type amp that breaks up pretty quickly. I am interested to head a friends ert33 that is presently getting modded to rsa31 that is coming soon.

having said that, my own white whale is the sound i got from a 70s 50w Marshall jmp combo I sold 12 years ago (in Seattle at trading musician if anyone has it - changed grill cloth to black & a couple of other markings i know)- this amp is the closest i have experienced to that amp & it rawks.

The combination with a g12h & a blue bell is awesome. however, if anything i would say the g12h is the perfect speaker with this amp (having blown a blue bell for dumb reasons - see my above comment about the amp peaking at 40w - the blue bell is a 15w speaker...) if i were to do it again, i woudl do a cab with 2xg12h's - i used a matchless cab for a while with this amp (because i, err, blew a speaker...) & it was great.

it takes time to get a /13 but it is worth it...

/i
Thx. for the descriptives :cool:
 
Messages
2,182
tell you what everyone, if you all pitch in ... call fred and order me a rsa23 and rsa 31 ... and i'll make hours of clips for you guys. ;) :dude
 

cr8z4life

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
3,759
Well, another believer! Chris (cbeepber) met me at a studio today where I plugged the ftr into his bob burt 2x12 with a blue and a g12h and the rsa 23 into 2x12 greenbacks and whoaaaaa! Tone for days....I put them all through a voodoo labs amp selector so I was able to have the ftr clean and click and rsa clean and click at my feet a click away......the most dramatic tone was having the RSA on the clean and the FTR on 1/2 power on the dirty cranked at the same time! Absolutely killer..... In the end I asked if you had to choose- which would you choose.......both of us agreed they are both so amazing you have to collect them all!!!!

Just wish I didnt have to send the RSA back for the repair......ughhhhh! damn shipping companys!
 

DonW

Velocity Town Angel
Double Platinum Member
Messages
5,469
OK people, STOP! Like my list isn't long enough!:rolleyes:
I refuse to quit surfing for a used one even though it's likely to be rare.:dude
 




Trending Topics

Top