Divine Noise Cables

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by toast487, Feb 4, 2012.

1. toast487

toast487 Member

Has anyone used these? How do you like them?

2. joshuajames

joshuajames Member

I recently bought a 6" RA-RA patch cable and a 10' Straight RA-ST cable and I love them. I was sick of my monster cables and saw these when I was at Pro Guitar Shop and saw that they were made in Portland (my hometown) and thought I'd give it a shot. I did a comparison with a 12' monster cable and the 10' divine noise and the divine noise was much clearer and I could actually hear the highs with it as opposed to the monster. I plan on getting a few more patch cables and a 5' RA-ST. Hope this helps!

3. Crikey

Crikey Member

I love them. I live in a terrible location for radio frequency interference, and I love fuzz pedals, so I for sure need good cables. I got a couple of 10' Divine Noise cables a while back, and it has helped a lot. They sound good in my rig, too; no treble loss or obvious resonant peaks.

4. AB07302

AB07302 Member

Love em. Took the plunge and wired my board with them...also have a 15' to the amp and one of the coils from me to the board. Heavy duty, super quiet, sound great. The silent Neutrik jacks rule too. Eliminated a hum problem. I could go on and on. Go for it.

5. VONG

VONG Member

aren't these like $35 for a 6 inch cable? seems excessive to me.

6. samdjr74

samdjr74 Supporting Member

The price is worth the quality of the product. I use Divine Noise coil cables and they are great. No loss of the highs, built by hand, solid feel and weight. They are worth the money.

7. Tamayo

Tamayo Member

Yes, Yes, Yes! Divine Cables are GREAT! Worth the money and seems to be around the same price as Mogami. I was done with Monster too. I ended up purchasing two combo speaker cables and a ST/RA 15'. Supporting the local business and the fact that he makes a great product was a plus. Gil is a super nice dude. He even gave me a free shirt. :)

8. kirkham13

kirkham13 Member

I have a coily and a straight 15 guitar cable, both very nice, like the neutrik connector as well.

9. rosslevans

rosslevans Member

Anyone compared them to other "high end" cables? Mogami, Lava, Analysis Plus? I'm interested!

10. nikkibikini

nikkibikini Member

They are the best our there. I have a 21 footer that was $45 bucks or therebouts and a 15 footer that was around $42 i think.

I could tell stories and relay stuff from others using names like "Evidence Audio"and give examples or wax poetic on and on but ill keep it short. Not only are divine noise the best cables out there but also one of the best products, and companies in the guitar realm.

Complete package. Im a cable snob and my search is complete. Not to mention these will never fail or go toes up in 99.9% likely hood.

11. good soil digital

good soil digital Member

Sorry to dig up an old thread... but didn't want to start a new one.

Just picked up a coil cable and a 15 footer. Really impressed with the cable. Sound great. I've been through several coil cables and just never really been happy until this one. Like the weight, coil tightness, stretch, and most importantly love the sound. I found a lot of coil cables messed with my sound too much and this one is just right.

12. T92780

T92780 Silver Supporting Member

Speaker cable is good quality, but only cable I have from them.

13. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

15 ft DN cable is $49

15 ft Mogami hand assembled by Lava is $33

For the price of the DN cable you could have gotten a 15 ft mogami and a patch cable up to 21 inches long

Just sayin.

14. chervokas

chervokas Member

Well, the Mogami 2524 is 9 pF/ft higher in capacitance, but still, the prices Divine is charging for 30 pF/ft, stranded-core, coax with a spiral shield -- ie, nothing exotic or hard to come by and certainly made from the same wire everyone else is using (there are only a handful of big wire producers in the western world) -- does seem substantially higher than comparable substitutes.

I'm not saying it's not good cable -- no experience with the cable -- but 30 pF/ft well-shielded coax terminated with G&H plugs is widely available for lower prices. In fact the Lava Magma looks nearly identical -- 30 pF/ft, spiral shield (I prefer braided myself), G&H plugs (I wonder if they use the same bulk cable) -- and per 10 feet is $23 vs $45 for the Divine Noise.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  15. ArchtopAnimal

ArchtopAnimal Member

I'd be interested to know if any Dimarzio cable users have tried the Divine product .

16. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

I placed an order for a couple of these cables, can't wait to try them out. Trying to get away from my current planet waves stuff!

17. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

These came in today, and immediately my tone was more present. And they seem pretty well built. Got them 15% with Prymaxe's sale when you spend $75+, I think these are great! Only time will tell how reliable they are.

18. ArchtopAnimal

ArchtopAnimal Member

What were you using before ?

19. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

20. JonnyQ

JonnyQ Silver Supporting Member

I have a share of both Lava and Divine cables. Both are made from high quality components, sound great and are quite durable.

I prefer Divine's coily cables to Lava because I really love how they stretch, relax and recoil (sounds like yoga positions.). Also Divine has some really cool colours and will make custom cables for you with a quick turnaround.