DIY bass cab

Govan

Posted over in Amps and cabs,it was suggested I post here. May have to add a crossover and HF driver,it's tuned pretty low.

Govan

Yes,it's either 11 or 13 ply Birch.Not exactly light but they aren't going to be moved around much.Thanks man!!

GSHARP

Nice jointing man! I did build 3 guitar cabs, using birch. Yeah they're not light but they sound good and are durable. I did the same for the facing: select pine. The tolex job looks awesome too!

Govan

Thanks all!! Yeah,tolex isn't too hard once you do it a couple times.I went on you tube and watched some tutorials,the first time,then it's learn as you go,kind of how I play bass!lol

Govan

I also gotta believe the older that birch ply gets the better its going to sound-speakers too!!

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
what speaker is that? i can tell it's an emi legend, that's all.

Govan

Yep,Legend CB158 300 watt 8ohm. The 2 cabs give me a 4 ohm load.I say 2 of them,cuz I have a matching one Im getting ready to put the tolex on.

Govan

Hey Walter,I have a Jackson JS2 bass,I didn't pay much for it but the neck on it wont stay straight! I am deffinately no Luthier but I have always set up my own basses.Have had several over the years but never had one move around on me like this thing!

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
Hey Walter,I have a Jackson JS2 bass,I didn't pay much for it but the neck on it wont stay straight! I am deffinately no Luthier but I have always set up my own basses.Have had several over the years but never had one move around on me like this thing!
annoying, but it happens.

to me the super-skinny necks seem more prone to this kind of instability.

Trending Topics