DIY Fender Super Champ XD Footswitch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jabstang, Apr 10, 2008.

1. newbee

newbee Member

Which way do I face these dioads and what side of the led do I connect the dioads to (power or other)????

2. newbee

newbee Member

Nevermind I figured it out on my own ,and made a sweetass welded aluminum pedal. Do difficult to post pics from my phone soooo...

3. keikei

keikei Member

hi, I tried this schematic.

Unfortunately, only the Effect On/Off works, the Channel one doesn't.

I have omitted the LEDs. Does it matter?

Could it be any one of the diode having problem (always open/shorted)? I am a newbie on electronics..

keikei

4. 777

777 Member

Glad someone dragged this up. I'm interested!

5. keikei

keikei Member

I'm good now!

What I did:

I have replaced the 1N4733, that measures similar resistance at either bias, i.e. suspicious of being short.

+ I add back the 2 LED (though my box doesn't have any hole for LED, so they will light in-side the box only). After I've done the soldering, I found I have swapped the order of the LED and diode surrounding the Channel button. But it still works.

I still don't fully understand this schematic though. :huh

THanks for sharing.

6. CPLCPT

CPLCPT Member

anyone still looking at this? I need help, did the schematic using parts in the early part of the thread and I can get the switch to work but only one light works and not all the time. The solder joints are good and I used a meter to test everything (+ - on the lights are good too) what am I doing wrong? I can add photos if anyone replies but this is an old thread