• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

DIY Pedal Board - Local places for "carpet"?

BarnabyHooge

I'm looking for a local source of hook and loop compatible fabric.

I've seen the stuff on Srompin' Ground but for the size I need the shipping will be more than the fabric, and that bugs the crud out of me.

I've tried Menards, but the only stuff they has was a little too thick in the nap. I tried calling the Best Buy car audio dept, but they won't even answer their stupid phone, and I doubt they make custom speaker boxes.

Is there a fabric out at a regular craft/fabric store that would work?

I've got everything I need to finish off my board and I'm growing impatient. Any ideas?

PremiumPlus

Question: Where do you buy just the hook part of the velcro? You can get felt at a fabric store and that works pretty well, but I've never seen 1/2 of the velcro (the hook) sold by itself...

r080

I don't know about local, but I searched "hook and loop fabric" on google, and a couple hits were companies that sell it for the display industry. Try asking for a 1 yard sample on behalf of your employer.

BarnabyHooge

Actually, I think I'm looking for the loop side (fuzzy).

I tried the google search but A. no one is selling in smaller quanties (I didn't think of the sample scam) and B. I'd rather be able to just go pick it up. Its a small board so i only need a peice 12" x 17" or so.

I'll go check out felt, see if it would work. I'm hoping theres something better though.

PremiumPlus

Yeah, I guess I didn't make myself clear. I wondered where you got the other half without buying the regular velcro.

BarnabyHooge

I have both side of the velcro. I would just prefer to have the whole board covered in the carpet, like the NYC boards.

juice

I used the carpet used in building speaker cabinets like you might find at PartsExpress or Crutchfield. Works just fine.

Try a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet. You can get it at any hardware store like Home Despot, Lowes, Aubuchon, etc.

I bought a piece for a home built board awhile back and it worked just fine for me.

Ive used just plain old berber carpet from lowes. They have it in runners (for carpeting stairs) so you can get that and dont have to buy a huge piece.

20mc

I've always used automotive carpet from o'reilly's or autozone. Its usually like <$10 for a roll.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom