Diy Trs To Dual Mono Cable(meris)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lxm, Aug 10, 2019.

1. lxm

lxm Member

So I am going “all out” and using mogami 2524 with switchcraft plugs for my new board. I don’t want to use Hosa cables or spend $50 a cable for a TRS to dual mono cable. How does one DIY these?

2. polyexpressive

polyexpressive Vendor

TRS to dual mono are often called insert cables. The sleeve is shared and the tip goes to one mono tip and the ring to the other mono tip.

3. tobereleased

tobereleased Member

EBS makes some that aren't too pricy and are more reliable than the hosa ones.

4. pup tentacle

pup tentacle Silver Supporting Member

I too make all of my cables with Mogami 2524, using Neutrik connectors for the long cables and GHS pancakes for patch cables. This is the cable I use for the loop of my 104m, $12.99 from Amazon, along with L-shaped adapters. It's not worth the hassle to build one of these, and there's no way it's going to make an audible difference as a replacement for a single patch cable, especially since you're probably looking for something even shorter.

[​IMG]

5. lxm

lxm Member

Thanks for the reply’s y’all. I should have mentioned that I need right angle as well. Therefore I kinda need to build my own. Does not sound too hard to build. I’ll just buy a few switchcraft TRS right angle plugs.

6. tobereleased

tobereleased Member

The ebs ones I use are right angle.

https://ebssweden.com/content2/accessories/patch-cables-connectors/