DL4 keeley mod

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by markezgotez, Jun 4, 2008.

1. markezgotez

markezgotez Member

does anybody have any experience with a keeley modded dl4? is there a noticeable difference between a stock dl4 and the keeley modded version? his site says that corrects the volume drop problem... which is nice. but does it still sound like a regular dl4, only with a volume increase on the delay's?? or is their an upgrade in the overall sound of the pedal?

2. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

I don't know if the actual sound quality is increased (other than no volume drop), but apparently a lot of components that are prone to breaking are replaced with higher-quality stuff...which might translate to slightly better sound quality.

3. markezgotez

markezgotez Member

ok. that makes sense. i know a lot of people who have had their dl4 die on them... however after having it for a long time and using it constantly. have you tried a timefactor?? if so, how do you find that it compares to that??

4. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

I've owned both and only the TF remains. The DL4 was a ton of fun, but just sounded more lo-fi in general. Honestly, as far as playability and originality were concerned though, I preferred the DL4.

5. glenecho

glenecho Member

Wierd...depending on which delay I'm using my DL4 sometimes has a volume drop and other times has a volume boost. The "tape echo" actually has a little bit of a cut and effects the original tone. Interestingly, my original non-tube echoplex did exactly the same thing.