D'Lite Amp Test Clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by doveman, Jan 18, 2008.

1. doveman

doveman Member

Here's a first clip for an amp that I built ... Brown Note D'Lite 22. I posted this clip in the build thread in the amp section. It's a rough clip ... mono ... one mic ... just screwing around. Now the amp has a lot of sounds and seems to be very touch sensitive and comfortable. But I'm not really used to it yet ... has a good feel though.

There's no structure in this clip ... just doodling and in the last half my interest in slide is somewhat dominant. Forgive me for that. I wanted to show the clean vs. wilder sounds I can hear in there. The OD portion of the clip was with very little (at about 12:00) on the OD settings. It looks like about 2:00 is where this OD amp really lives but it was a nice sampling.

Anyway ... I think I'm gonna love the amp.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6620019

:D

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  2. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Really nice playin. Great demo as well. Nice the way you laid it all out cleary for us on the settings.

Heard a lot clips of the Dlites now and they always sound great. You can hear how sensitive they are in this clip as well.

3. Rid

Rid Senior Member

As said on the SD board....great amptones...and it defently suits you!
    And great work!

4. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Great feel to your playing Doveman ..
    You've got that Little Feat feel in your playing ... truly dig that ..

Writing myself a note to check out the rest of your clips when I get a moment ...

5. WailinGuy

WailinGuy Member

Sounds really really great. This is the year I'm going to buy a D'Lite kit and build me an ODS-style amp. (Thinking about getting the 44 kit.)

6. JiMB

JiMB Member

Sounds really nice.
    Must feel good to put that together and then play thru it!

Jim

7. jazzguitarplay

jazzguitarplay Member

That is one of if not my favorite sounding amp out there today. I was wondering about the cleans on it cause you mostly hear guys tearing it up with the O/d channel. Beautiful. I want one. But I dont have the tech skills to build one. So, I gotta save up and dream of that day when I can buy one all ready built. Nice playing too. Thanks much and enjoy your new amp

8. doveman

doveman Member

Thanks guys ... it was a fulfilling experience to build one. It doesn't really take a tremendous amount of technical skill. Although you do have to be open to input from those who are more technically capable. In fact, even this morning I'm going to make an adjustment suggest in the amp section here. I probably made 5-6 adjustments/corrections during the build.

Also, the D'Lite 44 mentioned above is a (2) 6L6 model with about 33w output. When I bought my D'Lite 22 with upgraded parts, I got an output transformer that can do both (2) 6V6 at 22w and the (2) 6L6 at 33w included. So it's like I got both. I put a switch in ... change tubes ... flip switch ... rebias with the bias points (back) and bias pot (underneath) and you have the other model w/o taking the amp out of the cabinet. Kinda cool huh?

I documented my whole build if interested ... although loaded with pix here. it will take a few seconds to load all the pix, but it proves anyone can do it ... my first build. http://www.brownnote.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=800

9. hottub

hottub Member

doveman,
    beautiful tones! and man, when you kicked it in with the slide stuff.... woah baby! congrats on the build! lookin forward to more clips.. ;)

10. M I K E D.

M I K E D. Supporting Member

Just looked @ your amp blog- nice work.

Thanks for posting this stuff

11. guitarsnguns04

guitarsnguns04 Member

nice job..How do the 6l6s sound in yours? I built one and have been recently modding it.The 6v6s were a bit bright in my build. I have got mine dialed in to my ears great now.I absolutely love it now. I redid the mid setup and treble config as well as the bright config. It made a huge difference. I will try to post a clip when I get some time so you can hear it. If I was a better slide player I think I would have liked the stock setup more as it had that nice cut and bite to it. What a great amp though eh? Thanks for posting this and nice work!

12. doveman

doveman Member

I'm going to get to know the amp with the 6V6s first ... I really wanted a low powered amp ... at 22w ... this does it. Later I'll pull two of the 6L6s out of my old Mk1 boogie amp and try them. I'm going to try to avoid modding it too quick. I want to get to know the amp first a little bit. But being a tweaker ... well ... :D

13. fig

fig Member

Sounds really nice, doveman!

14. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

I couldn't agree more.

15. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member