DLR Band CD

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by jcs, Feb 26, 2012.

1. jcs

jcs Member

Since this 1998 solo David Lee Roth release is one of my favs, i thought i would ask who among this forum actually has even heard, let alone own this release?

I think it is out of print but correct me if it is still in print.

It features John Lowery (John 5), Terry Kilgore and Mike Hartman on guitars and was produced by Erwin Musper.

This release is more of a collection of songs imo and those who like the new Van Halen release might like this one as well..... it pretty much features the sort of lyrical style that David Lee Roth employed on much of his solo albums. :Devil

2. pete692

pete692 Silver Supporting Member

Oh yeah, I have it, it's freakin' great.

3. freedom's door

freedom's door Supporting Member

I liked it when it first came out, but mostly for the music- i thought his voice was shot, just as it is on this current VH album/tour.

4. pete692

His voice was "shot" by VHII. He was never known to be a great singer. Grunter and whooper, maybe.

5. freedom's door

freedom's door Supporting Member

Everybody says this, but i don't hear him sounding "strained" on Fair Warning, Diver Down, or 1984.
    Not hating, just how i hear it.

6. pete692

I don't hear him sounding "strained" on ADKOT either, but the fact remains he has never had much of a range, and for some reason live, out of the studio, he always has strained and basically sounds like he's singing out of his range. Still love the guy, and for me he's the ONLY singer for VH, he simply brings out the best in that outfit.