1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

dls echo tap or TTE for bi amp set up??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rkstarr, Jan 9, 2006.

1. rkstarr

rkstarr Member

i dont need crazy stuff ..just killer echo....and perhaps slightly longer delay..
    both amps also have effects loop if needed???TIA

2. rkstarr

rkstarr Member

3. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

If money is no object, the TTE for killer echo in stereo is hard to beat. No contest between that and the DLS, IMHO.

4. jonny guitar

jonny guitar Member

Echo Tap has stereo in and outs....I don't think the TTE does. I really like my ET...I hate hassles like head cleaning and buying tapes and stuff. Echo Tap sounds very good, has the tap tempo which I love and no hassles.

5. fullerplast

The TTE not only has stereo outs, it has three modes of stereo:

Mode #1: Guitar/Echo on the Left---->Guitar/Echo on the Right
    Mode #2: Guitar/Echo Left---> Echo on the right.
    Mode #3: Guitar on the left----> Echo on the right amp.

I have both. The DLS is a very good pedal, it's just not in the same league as the TTE for echo. The new tapes last a very long time. Sure, it's more of a hassle using a TTE but it also sounds better.....much better. Plus you have an active tube gain stage so you can use it as a clean boost if you want to add some punch to your signal.

6. rkstarr

rkstarr Member

cornford..and blockhead amps...single channels pure tone..so ill go with tte..keep the stuff high end ,:RoCkIn no?

7. drolling

drolling Member

Oh yeah. If money was no object it'd be TTE all the way. Even w/the echo turned off, the tube driven overdrive's a glorious thing. Best gizmo Fuller's ever come out with, no question.

8. rkstarr

rkstarr Member

:BEER

9. loudboy

loudboy Member

The Echo Tap has an internal trimmer that allows up to 6db of output gain. I use it at the end of my chain for a solo boost - it's not a tube circuit, but it works great.

I haven't heard the Fulltone, but a DLS Chorus Vibe into an Echo Tap and out into two BF Fenders is a sound you could build a whole career on...

Loudboy

10. theHoss

theHoss Member

Is that per volume contorl, or for both. I would like to use the Tap form Rythym and my Pre Set for leads (as a boost). Will the DLS let me do that? Thanks, and great idea.

11. loudboy

loudboy Member

Nope, it's global.

I don't use any delay on rhythm settings, so I have the DLS set for Tap Echo, and the Preset Mix is on 0% Delay, so I have the choice of a wet or dry solo tone. It's worked out well, so far.

Loudboy

12. theHoss

theHoss Member

Very cool. I dig that idea. I am getting one soon so I will have to try it out.

13. fullerplast

Curious where you got the 6dB figure from.....mine doesn't seem to get anywhere near that. Here's how you adjust the vol on the DLS: Echotap internal trimmers The gain only gets bumped when you activate the delay. Not to say you can't use it however you want, but I think it is intended as more of a trim to account for signal loss in the pedal, so you don't get a vol drop when you hit the delay.

The TTE is just a regular vol knob on the top of the unit. Easy to adjust on the fly up to 15dB of tube driven boost, with the delay on or off. (You can also adjust the level going to tape, coming from tape, tone, and the tape speed.)

If you haven't heard the TTE, you really should check it out.....big difference! The DLS is very good too, just not the same.

14. Craise

Craise Member

+1 on the TTE I bought one after hearing it...my jaw dropped...it's like a lightbulb going off....ohhh that's how they get the sounds on the records I love....duhh..tape echo. No pedal I've ever played can do this sound. I love it! The TTE just drips Floyd..if you're into that. :)

15. loudboy

loudboy Member

It may not be 6dB, but Dave said it was around there somewhere. It's more than enough to blow the skirt up of anyone on the dancefloor, when I kick it on for a solo. <g>

I'm going to go into mine and back it off a little, as it's a bit too much.

Loudboy