dls mk3 noisy switch

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by groovemeister, Apr 30, 2016.

1. groovemeister

groovemeister Member

had this pedal on my board for a couple years now and still digging it as much as the day i got it but.....it seems to have developed a noisy switch.anyone else have the same problem? it has always made a little click when you turn it on but now it seems to make a bit of a fizzy, crackling noise for a second or two after you turn it on. my sft has a much , much milder version of the same problem. is this a weird problem with catalinbread pedals or is it just time to replace the switch?

2. F12

F12 Member

No experience with a crackling switch on mine, although I gotta admit I leave mine on all the time. It took a little while for me to bond with the pedal (yeah, I'm slow) so adjustments for me are pretty much just volume and drive. I would try wiggling the switch button while actuating (from the outside) to see if the contacts in the switch are out of alignment...

groovemeister likes this.