DLS MKII and Timmy

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Daka3, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Daka3

Daka3 Member

Justnick's excellent video-demo of the DLS MKII pushed me over the edge, and I found a good, used one. Such a sweet sounding MIAB unit, judging from the video.

I plan to swap my TS-9 out for the DLS MKII in one of my two low-drive slots, the other being reserved for the Timmy.

Does anyone have experience in stacking these two? Or, for that matter, the Timmy with any of the other DLS versions?

I'd appreciate some of your thoughts on stacking these, order included.

I plan to keep the Timmy at the end of my dirt chain, mainly for low drive and/or boost purposes, using the DLS MKII before that as a base drive sound that's controllable from the guitar volume.

Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. PerFusionist

PerFusionist Supporting Member

It's an excellent stack. I used the MKII after the Timmy and got some great, controllable medium gain sounds. Very nice crunch and bite. Both pedals have good EQ controls so you can really dial in your sound.

3. Daka3

Daka3 Member

Great, thank you for your reply! So you had the DLS last. I'm debating the stacking order with myself, but in the end, it'll have to depend on my ears if the Timmy goes last or vice versa.

Good to know you got some righteous tones out of the Timmy/DLS stack. Anyone else?

4. lankybass

lankybass Member

I play mine setup like PerFusionist. Timmy into DLS. Although I have the original DLS v2. I keep my Timmy on all the time and throw on the DLS to thicken up for leads. Great tone. I honestly hated running the DLS into the Timmy though. Your results may find it better that way though

5. Daka3

Daka3 Member

Looks like the Timmy'll have to move back in the dirt-chain. Thank you for your input.

6. ZeroChan

ZeroChan Member

Those two are my dirt right now. I have the Timmy before the DLS to increase the gain. Timmy after the DLS MKII doesn't sound too good to me.

7. TenneyThe2nd

TenneyThe2nd Member

I have a TIM after my DLS v1. I use the TIM for lead boosts, and I love it for that application. The beautiful thing about the TIM is that is can add a natural amount of volume and gain to anything you feed into it. I like that better than a squeaky clean boost, which can make a louder signal seem cleaner. My favorite DLS rhythm stack is a Skreddy Screwdriver into a DLS. Sounds like a perfectly boosted vintage Marshall.