1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

DM-2 "wind noise"

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jeffj, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

One of my DM-2 delays is making a "wind" type noise. When you turn the echo all the way down it will stop. Everything functions fine, but there is a constant noise that sounds like a "low roar" or "wind". Any clues? Know anyone that works on these old Boss pedals?

2. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

sounds like it could be a calibration thing? maybe turn the pots inside a bit?

3. Paulo Grua

Paulo Grua Member

Mine has the same thing. Probably it's something with the trimpots. But messing with them is assured a headache. I did it, and it was never the same. It still works fine, but suddenly will stop working. Than, I mess with the trimpots and it's back again. But with the noise too.

4. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

thanks for the info.....It just started doing this. I have used it for yrs. with no problems. I'll open it up & check the obvious. Thanks again

5. K-man

K-man Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "wind" noise. My DM-2 adds a midrangy background noise when I turn it on. I figured it was normal, but maybe it's the same thing as your "wind" noise?

6. twostring

twostring Member

Sounds like clock noise. The trim pots might level it out, but you have to have a signal probe and kind of have to know what you're doing. The instructions for the BYOC Analog Delay reference how to do this, but I'm not sure how it would be done on teh DM-2. My Danelectro Dan-Echo has the same issue.

7. MrBoZiffer

MrBoZiffer Senior Member