DM-2w Tap Tempo

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Telecasteur, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Telecasteur

Telecasteur Member

So, the reissue of the DM-2(w) has a "rate" input. It appears this is only for a expression pedal, which is pretty much useless to me.

The one area the Cool Audio chips really can't match the MN3005 is in the sound of the self-oscillation space ship sounds. That's okay, because who the hell does that more than once anyway? (god forbid in an actual song)

Anyways, my point is that the rate input would be much more functional if it took a tap tempo switch (like Boss' digital delay).

Does anyone know how extensive of a mod it would take to make this happen on the DM-2w?

Boss dropped the ball on that one.

2. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

Tap tempo is a digital control, and a relatively complicated one we've been told. It's not something that can easily be added to an existing analog pedal. I do think that the CEO of Boss ought to have locked the designers in a room and not let them out until they'd worked out a way to include it (I'd gladly give up the battery housing for tap) but it may have been impossible at this stage of tech in that form factor. :dunno

3. SirGilmour

SirGilmour Supporting Member

There's a company that invented tap tempo for a carbon copy so it's possible for sure.