• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

DMM power cord mod??

mcdes

Member of no importance
So I've bought a DMM with the cord on it, and I wanna put a 2.1mm jack on it and power it by 24vDC direct from my Cioks DC10, bypassing the transformer.

It's an early 90's reissue? Has the white circuit board, with 3 secondary taps.
If someone can tell me what these do?? I'd be most grateful

T1 has a blue wire
T2 and 3 have orange wires

Where do I connect the positive and ground too?

Thanks for all the advice! I have tinkered many times before, but don't wanna stuff up my first DMM! Lol

mcdes

Member of no importance
I would send it to Howard Davis and have him do the mod for you.
thanks, hes already done all the mods, and i live on the other side of the planet, so makes it a bit hard, and costly. eek!

mcdes

Member of no importance
so far ive got a step down transformer to take measurements, but any ideas are still welcome...

have heard from mike (the man!), thanks again

just waiting to hear from Howard....

Howard Davis

so far ive got a step down transformer to take measurements, but any ideas are still welcome...

have heard from mike (the man!), thanks again

just waiting to hear from Howard....
The best and probably least expensive thing you can do is get a line voltage transformer with a 120V outlet for the DMM's line cord.

mcdes

Member of no importance
Thanks Howard, that looks like the way ill go. The wiring looks very different from the two wire only supplies of later models! So best to stay safe.

Trending Topics