• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

DMM sound in smaller package?

Squatch

Looking for a pedal that will cop a great "DMM-ish" sound without the gigantic footprint. I've seen the skreddy (rather not spend quite that much dough), and tried a carbon copy... it was ok... but didn't blow my mind like i was hoping for. I want a DMM without having to fit one on my pedalboard.

Any other ideas for a great analog/tube echo sound with subtle mod? I tried a search and didn't find what i was looking for... please post a link if you know of a helpful thread.

Thanks!

Fronzil

what he said..I just snagged a pretty mint analogman DMM..waiting for it to get here..haven't actually played one yet, but as you can see I think the extra size will be worth it..has a place on my PT2 for sure

DavidLopezJr

Well its hard to get the sound since the DMM has Pre-Amp/Vibrato/Chrous/Delay on it. But Im guessing your just looking for the delay which can be found in the First Echo on the Moon.

smoss469

Have you tried to the EHX Memory Boy? I've never used a DMM but I really like the MB. The modulation gets out of control quickly but the delay portion is really nice.

itkindaworks

Well its hard to get the sound since the DMM has Pre-Amp/Vibrato/Chrous/Delay on it. But Im guessing your just looking for the delay which can be found in the First Echo on the Moon.
First echo on the moon is a modified dmm xo(large footprint) and pricey.

itkindaworks

I know it is and it isnt that much bigger than a DMM XO isnt it? Well that assuming on the videos I've seen on it. But also the OP had no price put down. :rimshot
It should be the exact same size as an XO, which is still large. OP said he'd like a skreddy, but doesn't want to spend that much. FEOTM is definitely more than a skrecho and hard to find one. :rimshot:rimshot

orogeny

It really doesn't exist but when someone finally builds this they will sell heaps of them.
so true. meanwhile, the XO DMM doesn't really help ME with real estate ONE BIT b/c of the side jacks. . . . . not ONE BIT. MAYBE a 1/2 inch. . . probably 1/4 inch. . . .

R_S_G_7

yeah i considered selling my big box and getting an XO but didn't due to mixed reviews and the side jacks... i think if they would have designed the XO boxes a little differently with the jacks on top they would be much more pedalboard functional.

slopeshoulder

Strymon claims their upcoming Brigadier will kick a DMM off the board. Not sure if that means it sounds the same/better in the same way.

JosephSky

I coudln't stand the memory boy. I tried one out at a guitar shop for about 10-15 minutes and couldnt get a useable sound from it. It was so bad that even the salesmen at the shop said "I can see you really dont like that pedal" I had the Carbon Copy but sold it because it lacked the kind of clarity I was after. I evntually got lucky and found a vintage DMM for $199 and love that pedal. Definently far superior to the memory boy. I would recommend you an old Ibanez Memory Champ CM10. Its an old analog delay with a small footprint and great sound. I picked one up at for GC $85. Very easy to use, great tone, and Stacks well with my Eventide Timefactor and DMM.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom