Do all the elements of this Boss CE-2 match?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Floydsound, Aug 20, 2019.

1. CloneTone

CloneTone Member

Unfortunately, just by looking at it, no one can tell you if the components like the capacitors, or resistors have drifted from their original values.

But my guess is based on the condition of yours, it hasn't been used much, and probably is good as new.

How does it sound? Do the dials give the correct response? Any difference in tone with battery, or adapter?

monty and Floydsound like this.
  2. Floydsound

Floydsound Member

It sounds absolutely fantastic and there's no volume drop. Yes, the dials are responding correctly to all knob variations. There's no difference (to my ears) between using an adapter or a battery.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    CloneTone likes this.
  3. Tiny Montgomery

Tiny Montgomery Supporting Member

I believe the long dash black labels are the same as the silver screw. Not 100% on that, but I think the screw is the only difference on the early ones.

Floydsound likes this.
  4. Floydsound

Floydsound Member

Yes, you're right (according to my research too)! Which is great, since I could get this pedal in almost mint condition for much less than a silver screw version. After all, what good would a screw do to my sound, right? hahahah

CloneTone, Tiny Montgomery and monty like this.
  5. monty

monty Member

Plus you can always order the screw from Boss if you like.

CloneTone and Floydsound like this.