• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Do any of you own one of these guitar display cabinets?

Why not purchase a nice hutch and install a rack in it like this company did? You can put a humidifier in another drawer and drill a few holes to let the moisture in.

Dale402

I'm building my own. I can't afford the cabinets I've found online...they're pretty expensive. I'm buying an armoire that I found for $300, adding a seven dollar hygrometer and an inexpensive humidifier. The real work will be making the rack.

Dale

rgsss14

Platinum Supporting Member
I've always thought about this from time to time. Now you are making me think about it again......

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
I have a couple friends that are amazing woodworkers, maybe I'll commission one!

Crocker

Lovely link. Thanks for the reminder.

It was my intention to build similar cabinets when I moved my studio 3+ years ago but I never got around to it. Instead I hang most of what I use on the walls and humidify the room with a portable humidifier. I was going to use plywood for the carcass and trim it out with cherry, glass in the doors, LED lights. I don't retire for another 10 or 15 years so there's time yet.

bassethound

I've always thought about this from time to time. Now you are making me think about it again......
Ditto. I've come very close to pulling the trigger on a fancy guitar cabinet several times. However, when it comes time to drop the $5k, I invariably decide to buy another guitar instead.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom