• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Do EBS flat patch cables have a lightning bolt on them?

Meriphew

I was going to order some EBS flat patch cables online, but I see some pictures that show them with a big white lightning bolt on the side of the connector (which I don't want) and some pictures that show them as plain black. Can anyone confirm whether or not the lightning bolt is on there? Thx!

woolyh

The original (discontinued) EBS flats had a black lightning bolt but the newer Deluxe and Golds both have a light gray lightning bolt.

Maybe looks to be more subtle on the yet unreleased EBS Performance flats.

Like Fuzzr said you don't see them on your board and they maybe look brighter in photos than they actually are.

Gibs210

Golds have a white bolt painted on, will probably rub off with some work, maybe quicker with some type of cleaner that won’t eat the rubber. The standard cables have the bolt molded into the casing.

Bogner

Yes but a black Sharpie fixes that if you don't feel like rubbing the graphic off the cable. It isn't noticeable on board. YMMV

Gaheba

Using gold flats for two years and never once took any notice of the light grey bolt. Clearly, I dont care.
I have bent twisted routed plugged unplugged these things more times than I can count the last two years. I haven’t been mindlessly abusive of them, but they have been thoroughly tested as I rework my boards. Not one failure, no noise issues at all, no connectivity issues.
So 100% reliability, and they seem to have contributed to cleaning up my sound.
Why does the lightning bolt bother you? It can’t be seen once you’ve cabled them up.

slide13

Silver Supporting Member
I have some of both, prefer the EBS (they do have the bolt). The plugs are a little lower profile and they don't extend as far past the plug on the side opposite the cable, which can be key in some tight spaces like close mounted top jacks with power in between them.

NamaEnsou

I was going to order some EBS flat patch cables online, but I see some pictures that show them with a big white lightning bolt on the side of the connector (which I don't want) and some pictures that show them as plain black.
If you want high quality flat cables without the lightning bolt just get these by Warwick instead.

Last edited:

Trending Topics