Do I have many options for an extra low output full size HB for the neck of my Tele?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by thrashmetl, Jan 16, 2013.

1. chervokas

chervokas Member

+1....that would be a find.

2. chervokas

chervokas Member

Well there's no meaningful difference between a 7.3K ohm pickup measurement and a 7.5K ohm DCR pickup measurement. I mean, raise the heat in your house from 65 to 75 degrees and measure that 7.3K ohm pickup again, get it nice and warm and you'll probably have something that's more than 7.5 K ohm DCR.

3. mainsale

mainsale Member

Hear me now and believe me later that the Fralin P-92 works great in the neck of a Tele. Call him and he will wind it to you exact specs!

[​IMG]

4. thrashmetl

thrashmetl Member

Pretty much.

Not what I'm looking for.

5. Zhangliqun

Zhangliqun Member

Temperature doesn't change the number of turns, which is what determines the coil's contribution to the overall output. The tone won't change with temperature, or to the extent that it does, it would be due to the change in the room's acoustic properties, not from the pickup itself.

6. chervokas

chervokas Member

No, my point is temperature affects the resistance we measure and so trying to glean anything about difference in tone or output between a Tele bridge pickup that measures 7.3 DCR and one that measure 7.5 DCR is silly, that difference in measurement might just have to do with a few degrees difference in ambient temperature.