Do I need a Way Huge Swollen Pickle?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vendo, Feb 21, 2009.

1. vendo

vendo Member

I'm looking at picking one of these up, though I know they've been getting mixed reviews. Here's what I have:

Fulltone Soul-bender
    EHX Big Muff Pi Rams Head
    Ampeg Scrambler

Is the Pickle significantly different than these? A good addition to the fuzz stable? I've seen the demos on Youtube, etc and would like to demo one on my own but the nearest dealer who sells them is 250 miles away. They have one on hold for me but they're giving me grief cuz I can't get down there for 3 more weeks. They may sell it on me :mad:

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Zero G

Zero G Member

What about buying it from proguitarshop.com, and then if you don't like it, you have 45 days to send it back for a full refund. Or...you could buy a few Muff-style pedals from them and keep the one you like best. Whereabouts are you in Canada?

3. Curt

Curt Member

I've got a pickle and love it. Best Fuzz I've used.
    It'll do it all.
    Great pedal!

4. keto

keto Member

I've had mine a week and am still finding new tones, have 4-5 good and different ones and haven't even turned the internal trimmers yet. I posted a thread a few days ago, a buddy bought a Trifecta, brought it over here for some a/b action, now the Trifecta's for sale and he picked up a Pickle today.

Highly recommended.

5. vendo

vendo Member

Cool. Is it quite different than the stuff I have? I'm hoping its something fairly different.

btw, I've ever bought from proguitarshop. I'm always leery about shipping in from the US (duties, exchange fees, and worst of all..... UPS! ugh)

6. Zero G

Zero G Member

Ah it's not so bad. I live in Ontario. I've ordered pedals from Tonefactor before without having to pay any duties, exchange fees etc...I paid $10 US for shipping and that's it. Got the pedals in under a week. You don't have anything to worry about with the guys at Proguitarshop either. If you have any concerns about shipping, send them an e-mail. They are always really helpful and usually get back to you pretty quick.

7. kp8

kp8 Member

everyone needs a Way Huge Swollen Pickle to stick in their big muff

:banana

i'll be here all week... try the veal...

8. Dom

Dom Member

My GF just read this sentence and asked me WTH you guys are talking about...
    :D

9. keto

keto Member

Long & McQuade carries them, my buddy bought his there yesterday. Also out west, Mother's Music carries them. Probably other vendors out there in Canada.

10. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

What is L&M charging? Feel free to PM me instead of posting if it against any rules.

11. TelecasterBlues

TelecasterBlues Member

...and if you're REALLY good at what you do, you'll also take the time to have a Creamy Dreamer after the Way Huge Swollen Pickle goes into the Big Muff:munch.

12. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Musictoyz actually has a used Creamy Dreamer in their used pedal section so you would be all set! You may want a Ronsound Hair Pie if you are into the unshaven Muff!

13. Zero G

Zero G Member

Add a Super Hard-On to the mix and you've got a full on orgy! :banana

14. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

The serious part is that a Super Hard On actually might be the best pedal I've ever heard used as a colume/clarity boost after a Muff.