• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Do I want a Ping-made Floyd Rose or a 1000-series Floyd Rose?

GilmourD

Those of you who've had experience with both, which would you say is better? Is the only difference the logo being laser etched on the Ping and the Ping lacking plating on the brass block or is there more to it?

I ask because I've got a line on both for excellent prices and an OFR is beyond what I'd have available funds-wise for quite a while.

Eagle1

The ping is as good as the OFR but the OEM Korean model needs a set bolts ( all of them ) a new arm mech and an OFR block . Ping or better a Gotoh 1996 ( same footprint if you fit the shorter OFR string lock bolts.)

GilmourD

The ping is as good as the OFR but the OEM Korean model needs a set bolts ( all of them ) a new arm mech and an OFR block . Ping or better a Gotoh 1996 ( same footprint if you fit the shorter OFR string lock bolts.)
I don't go for recessed Floyd routes, so string lock bolt length is inconsequential.

One person on another forum mentioned that the Pings he's used tend not to work with dTunas well, which is important since I do use dTunas. However, what he described is the same problem I have with my Gotoh on another guitar. The fine tuner range is reduced with the dTuna compared to my OFR, FR Special, and Peavey Wolfgang trem.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
i'd take the gotoh tone, quality, and performance and just deal with any D-tuna issue (or skip it and set my E fine tuner such that it will make it down to D).

Trending Topics