Do musicians still get groupies?

BadAssBill

Gold Supporting Member
A while ago I was playing a gig that my wife happened to be at, I always wear my ring. She almost never goes, but happened to be at that one. After the first set, I'm talking to some friends and a girl taps on my shoulder and says "Are you married?" I said yes, I'm am married...thank you. She leaves. After the second set I'm mingling again and she comes up again and asks...."Are you married married?". I again said....why yes, she's sitting over there if you'd like to confirm. She got the hint after that one I think.

nksoloproject

Back in the day (86), we practiced in a place that rented storage units. All the bands there were mostly playing metal. Full market, tough competition, high bar for technical skill, so we played alt/dance/pop. Good move.

I remember one rehearsal, a knock happens at the door in between songs. It was a smoking hot metal chic girlfriend from one of the metal bands. She asked if she could hang an listen too us while her dude practiced. Guess she was tired of bad originals or hearing Shout at the Devil one more time. The next week, her, and 4 of her friends, and a case of beer showed up.

It only got better....

Did you bang her?

Aceman893

A while ago I was playing a gig that my wife happened to be at, I always wear my ring. She almost never goes, but happened to be at that one. After the first set, I'm talking to some friends and a girl taps on my shoulder and says "Are you married?" I said yes, I'm am married...thank you. She leaves. After the second set I'm mingling again and she comes up again and asks...."Are you married married?". I again said....why yes, she's sitting over there if you'd like to confirm. She got the hint after that one I think.
Just gonna throw this out there...

"Yes - but go see if my wife is interested, we might all work something out"

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
Just gonna throw this out there...

"Yes - but go see if my wife is interested, we might all work something out"
there's always this:
1651787562503.png

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
yes, after reading that passage in his book "Red" i'm not sure that I can unsee the images or think of anything from that tour or the album F.U.C......it sort of changed my perspective on it all.....

To add to this thread, I remember Sammy Hagar saying in an interview that when he was in Van Halen, they used to have 'sex tents' under the stage where the band would go and have sex with female groupies during extended drum, bass or guitar solos. I'm not sure why they would do it during a show - they could've at least had the dignity to wait until afterwards. I'd personally rather do it after the show!

RicOkc

That could be a dangerous thing now a days.

I'm glad that when I experienced groupies a shot was the only thing you needed in case of a bad situation. Luckily I never had to go that route!

Cedar

Platinum Supporting Member
Dunno about groupies, but I pulled the hottest woman I've ever been with from playing in a band.

Pretty sure that never would have happened without her seeing me prove my thing on stage. :red

Rocky Marquez

With all the MeToo the past several years, I'd be hesitant to bring a girl back to a hotel. They had a lousy time or regretted it the next morning? Guess what?

Example: Aziz Ansari is a comedian. He brought a girl back to his room after a gig. It was consensual. She went to the police the next day and said she was assaulted.
You kidding me...you can't compare comedian groupies to "Rockstar groupies." Comedian groupies are left waiting for the punchline and then feeling assaulted not getting the joke.

TheSchwartz

I don’t pick up on social cues very well, so unless a woman is very direct with me I have a hard time figuring out if I’m getting hit on or not. My band mates used to tell me all the time, “Dude she wanted to hook up with you,” or “Why didn’t you ask her out?” So in theory, I had groupies at one point. Fortunately, I ended up meeting a woman who WAS direct with me, and we’re happily married.

I will say this, however, we have two girls (a 3yo and 12mo), and when I’m out and about by myself with them, I often get approached by at least one woman who asks if the mother is in the picture. I guess toddlers and babies are the best way to attract groupies.

FearTheDeer

Women are funny creatures.
-some like musicians
-many like doctors

A guy I grew up with ended up as a chiropractor.
He says married and single women hit on him all the time in the office.

:bong
Second this. Women get much more excited when I tell them I’m a veterinarian than they ever did about me being a musician.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom