Do NON-TREM versions of Jackson or Charvel guitars exist ?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Rock Fella, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

I really love the looks of these guitars but a Floyd Rose terrifies me and Id not be interested in any way in a guitar that has one. Ive never seen non-trem versions of Jackson Soloist or Charvel Model 6 ....can you get them without a trem system in fixed bridge or strung through the body ?

jimmy

2. Unburst

Unburst Member

I've seen string through and tune-o-matic versions of the Soloist but only the Asian made ones.

3. Lex Luthier

Lex Luthier Member

My brother has a USA Soloist archtop with a tuneomatic. I have a USA Jackson JJ with a wraptail.

4. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

what would be a representative price of a non-trem jackson soloist like the SL2 , they are just awesome looking guitars ?

jimmy

5. Boomdoggy

Boomdoggy Supporting Member

I have a SLS(Super Lite Soloist).It sounds fantastic ,extremely light,24 3/4 scale soloist neck,and a fixed bridge.Absolutely wonder ful guitar.They are very hard to find .There is a spalted custom shop on ebay now.This may be the same guy I bought mine off of.My link isn't working right.

6. KoaFreak

KoaFreak Member

Those are beautiful (and rare)! I haven't been lucky enough to play one, but I'm sure they are fantastic.

7. jgraham

jgraham Member

You can find a lot of Charvel/Jackson info over at the JCForum. I asked this question a few weeks ago and their answer was $1200-$1600 used. That was for a limited custom shop SL2HT, which is the hardtail. I had my eye on a sweet one, but now just isn't the right time for me.

8. jnavas

jnavas Guest

Clean ones turn up on Ebay fairly often and can be had at great prices.

I love Jacksons-they are incredibly well made guitars-but the resale often seems to be pretty bad.

9. John Phillips

John Phillips Member

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember them doing a model with a Kahler trem instead of the Floyd. If so, you could maybe find a hardtail Kahler (they do exist, although probably extremely rare) which is a direct replacement. Failing that the standard Kahler can be converted to a hardtail much more easily than a Floyd - you need to replace the springs with a flat piece of metal, I've done a couple like this - and it's not such a pain to string as the Floyd anyway, you don't cut the ball ends off and there's no bridge clamping.