• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Do pedals need maintenance??? one by one my pedals are crapping out on me!

Russ73

My MXR Classic drive crapped out a few weeks ago and now my SD1 isnt working....thats after my TC Chorus stopped working a few months ago....I keep them out but in a glass case and theres def some dust buildup in the case but is this normal? and how do I fox them? these pedals are cheap enough but id like to try to get them to work if I can....I also forgot to add that some of the others have a scratchy nob here and there...

mrpinter

Silver Supporting Member
Switches can go bad and can be a relatively easy fix. My EQD Disaster Transport was cutting out. I first replaced a cable or two and that didn't fix it. I took it to my tech and he confirmed it was the switch. I ordered one from lovemyswitches.com and he replaced it, and now it's good as new. This may not be your problem but it might be worth checking out with someone who can work on pedals (they can usually be found at good guitar repair shops).

Bucksfan70

Silver Supporting Member
My MXR Classic drive crapped out a few weeks ago and now my SD1 isnt working....thats after my TC Chorus stopped working a few months ago....I keep them out but in a glass case and theres def some dust buildup in the case but is this normal? and how do I fox them? these pedals are cheap enough but id like to try to get them to work if I can....I also forgot to add that some of the others have a scratchy nob here and there...
are you sure it's not the patch cable that has a short? i thought my boss ce-2w chorus crapped out on me and it turned out just to be my patch cable that had a short.

Russ73

Thx Bucksfan...no i dont think so as other pedals are working fine with cables...i replaced them a couple of months ago regardless when I noticed issues....would love to fix them somehow if I could...not sure what the issue is...

Bill Lumberg

I Drink and I Know Things.
Gold Supporting Member
I second the purchase of DeOxIt. That stuff works wonders on scratchy pots and oxidized jack contacts. If dust is a real problem, a can of compressed air might be a smart $6 investment too. Just follow one of the many YouTube tutorials on using both products. Best of luck, I hope you get those boxes working 100% again.

Trending Topics