• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Do some modelers sound better than others?

Do all modeler’s sound the same or do some sound better than others?

• All modelers sound equally as good

Votes: 37 12.6%
  • Some modelers sound better than others

Votes: 256 87.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jynx

Silver Supporting Member
I'm just going to say that, even from the quite little experience I have with them, yes.

phil_m

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Gold Supporting Member
7klO.gif

aptfx

80% of what makes a tone sound good comes from "the hands". For the rest: Its not modelers that sound good... its presets... maybe even combined with particular gear for which they got built. People tend to conflate things. "Better modeling == better tone" (nope), "More expensive == better tone" (nope), "Its a tube amp == better tone" (nope).

Watt McCo

Unless you can pick the exact modeler out in a recording (without knowing what your options even are) then yes, they all sound more or less on par, sound-wise.

Unpopular opinion by a vast margin, apparently :anon
Pretty sure most folks would fail this test if you were to pick out what amp was used on a recording known to have used a tube amp a lot more often than anyone would be willing to admit, even if the amps were limited to a non-master volume Marshall, a black panel Fender, a tweed Fender, and a top boost AC30.

metropolis_4

Gold Supporting Member
When I listen to recordings, YouTube vids, or any other comparisons they all sound roughly the same.

However, when I'm actually playing through them they sound and feel very different to me. Each has a sort of unique signature to it.

Some sound and feel much better to me than others.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom