Do the Mustang Floor and Mustang amps have the same circuitry?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by habanaerosmith, May 28, 2015.

1. habanaerosmith

habanaerosmith Member

I keep hearing positive things about the Mustang combos, but I don't want a combo. I want to stick with my stereo 2000w FRFR system :aok.

Does the Floor have the same tones available?

How does the Floor compare sound-wise with the L6 HD500?

2. ChrisVereb

ChrisVereb Member

The floor has more tones than the V1 combos, but less than the V2 combos. The amps that are in the floor are the same as the V1/V2 combo, but it's missing some stuff like the HIWATT, Orange, and a fuzz or drive stomp selection i think.

3. tkachuk07

tkachuk07 Member

Same models as a Version 1 Mustang amp. It won't be the same going FRFR vs the combo amp. Same reason a POD HD500 going to a powered speaker does not sound the same as running it to a Line 6 DT50 amp. The poweramp, cabinet & guitar speaker all impact the final tone.

4. dazco

dazco Member

The floor is also out of production, so if u decide to get one either do it quick or you'll be buying used, and prices will likely be high since they were quite popular. Not sure if there are many or any left new.

5. 6shotsdown

6shotsdown Member

I'm not sure what circuitry is in the Mustang Floor but I got one to dip my toes in the modeling world an I'm loving it. The cleans are great and the low to medium drive is nice too. I also like you can use it in preset mode or stomp box mode. It makes the tones very versatile in a live setting.