Do these look like the same bridge to you?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by JohnnyL, Feb 25, 2009.

1. JohnnyL

JohnnyL Member

Mods: If this is in the wrong forum then please move it. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am looking for a replacement bridge for an old Epiphone. One of these bridges look like it may work. However, the one pictured with the specs looks different than the color photo. This is an Ebay item and the dealer tells me they are the same. The one pictured without specs looks like it will fit my Epi.

This is a cheap item but I'm not sure if I want to go through the trouble. Unfortunately, a replacement bridge has eluded me for a long time....

Maybe I need to drill/retrofit a Tonepros?

Do they look the same to you? Any suggestions on getting the dealer to respond in a better way?

Later,

Johnny

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. grungebob

grungebob Member

We'd need to know where you old epi was made.
    Jap/Korean/chinese epi's are metric not imperial like USA guitars so you'd need to get the bridge in metric if its not USA made.

3. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

The Epi is a Jinho and is replaceable with the modern gotoh (who make the tone pros.)

4. JohnnyL

JohnnyL Member

The Epi is an early 70s Japan. I know it is metric and has a post spacing of 74mm.

The pics present what I see as two different bridges. My question is: Do you think these bridges are the same bridge?

Thanks,

Johnny