1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Do they have to tease us like this?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Berlin Chris, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Berlin Chris

Berlin Chris Member

.. found this on the Sadowsky site. Given the rave reviews their Jim Hall and Jimmy Bruno models received, I am more than curious to hear and see more of these guitars.

[​IMG]

2. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

3. mrfjones

mrfjones Member

looks nice, I am interested

4. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Looks like it could be very nice.

I just wish someone would make some nice 25-1/2" scale semi-hollows... you know, with P90s...? ;)

5. KLB

KLB Member

Hamer Monaco III

6. Dave Orban

Close, but just a little too contemporary-looking for me.

Call me an old fart, but I like a more traditionally-styled guitar, like these Sadowskys... ;-)

7. gitman

gitman Member

Sadowsky knows how to build and design guitars, sure thing. but what's so contemporary with the Monaco's ? just some small twists on old and time-proven designs ...
    i put a pair of Z-90's in mine and they rip, roar and twang - a most joyful noise !
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

8. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

9. Dave Orban

I just don't like the overall look of the Hamer... from the headstock/logo on down... I think the Sadowski, at least from what I've seen, has a more traditional look... That's all... ;)

10. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

11. Dave Orban

That's a fine looking guitar. With a center block and a stop tail (and a pair of P90s...!), it would be absolutely killer, IMO... :dude

[​IMG]

12. Stephen Landry

Stephen Landry Member

Dave, you and I have similar taste in guitars. My PRS Archtop Spruce is the closest I've gotten to my "dream" guitar, but I would much prefer P90's and the 25 1/2" scale (will probably drop some Z-90's in the guitar later in the year to how they sound in this application).

I do like the look of Sadowsky's archtops, and I'm glad there's at least another choice in the marketplace.

13. billyguitar

billyguitar Member

It's a shame that Gibson only uses the 25-1/2" scale on it's "big wood" guitars, except for the Little Lucille and maybe some other oddities. That scale length just sounds a lot better to me.

14. gitman

gitman Member

i have a PRS Hollowbody-II with the stock pickups. compared to the Monaco it has a little more punch, a quicker attack and it's an overall smoother guitar, even good for a serious jazz gig. i like it very much and initially chose it as an alternative to my '64 ES-345 which stays at home. the Hamer is a more aggressive, stinging beast , especially with the Z-90 pickups. great raunchy and twangy tones, very good sustain despite the Bigsby and the longer scale ( 25,5 ) gives the bass notes that extra depth. the pots do not work so well with the new pickups - tonepot is pretty much useless and will get exchanged shortly. together these two semihollows cover a lot of sonic ground and are total pro guitars !

15. KLB

KLB Member

Gibson's Johnny A signature guitar is 25.5" scale.