Do you believe in mojo components?

FOTM704

Silver Supporting Member
e.g. pedals sound best with certain chips or diodes made during a certain time period, otherwise they don’t sound as good

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
I'll admit it, better put me down as a yeah. But not everything, it depends.

Also, if I'm chasing some vintage tone I do have a mode where I like to have vintage parts "just in case"; I don't have to believe to be willing to cover my bases.

I know it's not pedals, but case in point, my main Marshall style amp has zero vintage parts in it, on purpose. But I've got hundreds worth of vintage mojo for the 45/100 kit I've been sitting on for years.

The AM super vintage mod sacred component TS is far and away the best true screamer I've ever played.

No I do not. SRV took a TS9 and made it sound just as mythical as a TS808. On Van Halen’s last live album from 2015, Ed took a Fender made EVH Wolfgang, MXR pedals and a 5150III amp and sounded just like he did in 1978 with his mythical Marshall.

Rydock

I didn’t until I started to experiment with different caps in my fuzz face pedals. The vintage ones of the same values as new production ones sounded objectively better.

Trending Topics