Do you ever “feel sorry” for people who don’t play guitar?

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
No, not at all. People have talent in all areas that I lack.

When I was a kid, I did feel sorry for people who weren't Italian, usually when my grandmother was serving her homemade pasta, meatballs, brasciole, etc.

W88

No, and I expect most don't feel sorry for me because I do. Que será, será

Guitarin' is a release for me. Others get that from pulling a 540 on a quarter-pipe, or whatever. If that helps them like playing helps me, I don't feel sorry for them at all.

wire-n-wood

Silver Supporting Member
Do you ever “feel sorry” for people who don’t play guitar?
No, but I do feel sorry for people who have no art. Whether it's literature, dance, paint or performance, people who do not have artistic expression in their lives are (I believe) genuinely lacking something.

I feel sympathy for folks who have never listened to the entire King Diamond - Them album starting at 02:00 on 31-Oct, w/o turning the lights on, of course.

If they don't have a copy of Them, they should try the same with Sisters of Mercy - First & Last & Always

stanshall

I recently had someone over at my apartment who asked "Bro! Where's your video game console????"

I handed them my Strat.

"This is my video game..." I said,
oh hell yeah, been saying this for a long time, the other day a little family member came in as I was fingerpicking ragtime and for a second he stood there transfixed and then ran back to the video game ...
I felt a little sorry for him, but he'll grow up to become rich off that stuff, which I completely do not get and never did ... I did get his older brother into playing guitar and now he rocks it every day, he can play, though I don't like the way he looks after the instruments, but I got him to at least not leave guitars in cars anymore ...

but playing music, as opposed to doing music business, is a pure gas, always has been incredibly fun for me .... the business part just isn't fun but that's true for lots of business ... I think maybe video game people might have more fun than music biz people

give me my Martins and Fenders and my amps and pedals and all my percussion stuff and drums and I'm set, all I need are a ton of books and a well-stocked and equipped kitchen

I do feel sorry for people who get bored

and for myself when I get hand cramps

Nope, I do feel sorry for people that are afraid of motorcycles and guns though
I have the most respect for my friends who make full use of their bikes and firearms, but my friends are what some people would call "afraid", of these things. They take the most precautions that are feasible.

I feel sorry for the people I know who get killed or injured with these things because they didn't respect these things.

I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't played any instrument or hasn't been involved in any of the arts.
If a person never feels an urge to get involved in music, I doubt I would wanna be part of trying to force them. If some other bug bites them and they love their gardening or playing basketball or fly fishing or kayaking, and they're not longing to get into music, probably fine to leave 'em alone.

But if a non trivial person expresses an interest in discovering music, to me, better watch out. If I enjoy their company, they're liable to be getting free lessons from me whether they're ready for it, or not.

BlueRiff

Feel ... sorry ...for ... them?!?! These misfits need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and sentenced to a mandatory visit to Guitar Center!!!

rickcard71

No, I’d would have more money in the bank and probably be more successful at something else in life.

Vaibhav Joshi

I feel sorry for people who never get into some form of an art, music or otherwise.
And I don't feel sports can easily take a place as for writing/painting/music, maybe if you dive deep into it.. not sure.

Trending Topics