Do You Ever Leave a Concert Totally Jonesing Over the Gear Used by the Band?

Josh O

I mean, totally jonesing, not just "it would be nice to have Clapton's Blackie" or Pagey's number 1 or anything, but everyday gear? I've seen alot of concerts, heard great amps, seen great guitars but after seeing Tool last night, I am totally daydreaming/drooling over Adam Jones' silverburst Les Paul. I've had LPs, played LPs, alot of my favorite guitarists play LPs, but I haven't really jonesed to own one in years.........until last night. I don't know why, it's hard to explain. It's not like I left wanting to own a Diezel amp (although his tone was awesome) but that LP......damn.

dank

Consummate Beatles Fan
Gold Supporting Member
Yes, and it created a very bad habit: whenever I saw Fab Faux, a Beatles band, I'd always wind up buying one of the guitars used in the show.

Scott L

Gold Supporting Member
After this show, other than Billy Squier's 59 LP, I left wanted a Reinhardt 18 after hearing this song.

I got a chance to play Billy's other 59 through the Reinhardt last summer at a sound check, made my mind up to pull the trigger and scraped up the $$$...... and Reinhardt pull the plug and went back to building Race Car engines :( ... some day....

dangeroso

Silver Supporting Member
I usually have the opposite feeling. I usually come away thinking that the gear doesn't matter that much.

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
No, not anymore. I admired Tom Petty and Mike Campbell's guitars when I saw them not long ago, but I didn't feel the urge to steal any of them!

tsar nicholas

Man, all the ALL THE time.

After the Dark Castle / YOB show, I spent months drooling over Monson guitars and Sunn Model Ts.

After The Sword, it was Les Paul Customs on the brain

It's a sickness

shane8

no & as this is tgp i imagine the gear they use isn't as good as the gear we use :p

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
The only time it happened was when I saw Steely Dan in '94.
Drew Zingg played through a couple of Matchless DC30's.
I wanted one in the worst way. Oh, and I wanted his 335!

S.
j

Ben S.

Last time I saw Dicky Betts I wanted to immediately build a 50 watt. Oh so sweet.

enocaster

The opposite for me. I leave feeling stupid that I concentrate on gear instead of playing and songwriting - you know, the real reason why people came out and had a good time.

very rarely do I have seats close enough to see the gear...

lots of bar bands though have left me gassing for gear...We had good seats for U2 and Paul Mcartney and that DEFINITELY left me with gas...

But live music 99% of the time leaves me jonesing for more talent...as opposed to gear...

Trending Topics