Do you go to your class reunions?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 27sauce, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Stike

Stike Member

I went to my 10th, meh. Skipped the 20th but went to bar where a bunch of folks wound up afterwards, saw a couple folks that I enjoyed catching up with but there were more than a few folks that I never cared for. Drinks didn't help their case either. 30th is this fall, I'll be skipping it. I still see most of the folks I was close with back then fairly regularly.
    The Breakfast Club?

2. amstrtatnut

amstrtatnut Member

Maybe Ill play at my 40th. :)

27sauce, shane8 and A-Bone like this.
  3. Layne-o

Layne-o Gold Supporting Member

No. 3k+ in the graduating class... The past is the past.

4. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

I went to our 20th reunion and had a good time hanging out with people I actually wanted to see. The 30th is the next one, and I'll probably go as well. Not everyone enjoys high school, but I had a pretty good time and have been blessed with some lasting, lifelong friendships.

5. Madsen

Madsen Member

I went to the 10 year. Had a good time. I keep up with most of the people I was friends with on Facebook so I wasn't bummed when no one did anything for the 20 year. 30th is coming up but I've moved far away & doubt anyone will put something together.

6. Motorhed

Motorhed Member

An event commemorating four miserable years of my life? No way.

Any friends I had that I would have kept up with had moved during the four years and I tried to keep contact but ultimately just grew apart. I moved not long after graduating myself and that meant to me that part of my life was truly over.

7. Bhobb

Bhobb Member

If I haven't seen you in 40 years, there's a fair chance I'm not interested.

Thumpalumpacus, Fred132 and CharlieS like this.
  8. In Absentia

In Absentia Supporting Member

Depends on whether I think any of my old classmates might have sex with me. Also, are they going to frown on my cannabis use? Because that’s a dealbreaker.

Fred132 and Jayyj like this.
  9. Falsecrack

Falsecrack Supporting Member

My 30th class reunion is literally tomorrow.

Tommy Biggs likes this.
  10. SlapHand

SlapHand Member

I did attend the 20 and the 30 year reunions.. lots of fun.

The top was me and a classmate hung at the bar and one of the «girls» came up to us and started to chat. After a while she asked my friend «You dont recognise me do you?’ He responded ‘I do! You were our math teacher...’
    I’ll never forget the face she put up.

Anyway, I wont go to a possible next one. I dont touch alcohol no more and would feel strange.

11. guitargeek6298

guitargeek6298 Member

My 20th would be coming up in a couple years, but there's never been a reunion that I've been aware of. I don't think I would go.

12. Sam Xavier

Sam Xavier Member

Nope. Not a thing over here as a rule but if it was, I wouldn't go. I kept in touch with a few people from back then but the rest of 'em can go to hell.

CharlieS likes this.
  13. Jayyj

Jayyj Supporting Member

When I walked out of my old school for the last time I would happily have chucked a match into the building and locked the door behind me. Hated the place, hated everybody there, no interest whatsoever whether any of those people are alive or dead, let alone how many kids they've got and who went bald. Screw 'em.

University was different - I made a couple of lifelong friends there and if I run into someone I haven't kept in touch with I'm always happy to have a natter. Reunion culture isn't such a thing over here, but I go to final year art shows there once in a while so I've been back a few times.

Mad Wombat likes this.
  14. Gig Young

Gig Young Orson Wells; Mercury Theater 1935 Silver Supporting Member

15. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

Haven't and won't. My grad class was 30 people

16. Tony

Tony Supporting Member

I went to a small school. Only 43 in my class. We had a 10 year that was fairly lame.

No one stepped up to organize our 20 year... I’m a project manager by trade so I did it. It was a two day deal: a day at the beach and an afternoon at the old high school with lunch and a softball game. Kids were welcome. We also invited the class ahead of our year.

It was fun but I won’t organize another one. Too much work and you can’t please everyone. Our 25th just passed with zero fanfare.

17. ifallalot

ifallalot Supporting Member

I skipped the 10 year and wished I hadn't. I had a lot of fun at the 20 year. It was an adults-only event and was really good to catch up.

However, I kinda wish we would have done a family thing as well because right now we all have young kids. If we do a 25 I'd like to have that happen. By the time the 30 happens all the kids will be too old and it will be another adults-only type affair. I'm not really looking forward to that because of my impending midlife crisis.

18. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    I went to my 20th, 30th and 40th. The 20th was good because I still recognized some old friends. I got cracked on because they said I looked like I should still be carrying my books :waiting 30th was fun because I ended up talking to some of the hero jocks and cheerleaders I never talked to back in the day and finding out what nice folks they were. :idea 40th was kind of uneventful and I don't know if I'll do the 50th or not :knitting

It's worth going to at least one and then figure it out from there.

Tommy Biggs likes this.
  19. kor

kor Member

Never been to one and it's been over 20 years now. If I haven't talked to anyone I went to school with in that amount of time then I don't really care what they've got going on.

20. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Member