Do You Guitar Swing?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Bendimax, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Bendimax

Bendimax Member

Do you Guitar Swing?

You can skip to 1:07.

Well I don't, at least since my high school dayz with my no name garage sale guitar.

What would be the proper preparations and tricks for such act?

:bonk

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. kbshakedown

kbshakedown Member

I'd say get some good strap locks and maybe a helmet and go for it.

3. Bendimax

Bendimax Member

Ooop, apparently there is another thread with this vid. I "searched" "guitar swing" but that thread didn't show.... :bonk

4. dspellman

dspellman Senior Member

First (and most obviously), make sure that your guitar and strap are firmly connected, whether that means eyebolts and chain or whatever. Make sure you're wearing your guitar low, at least right before the swing. Know where your bandmates are, and KNOW how much space you need.

Second, he went the wrong direction with the swing. The best way I know to do this is to put your fretting hand at the top of the headstock and push down and across your body, leading with the body of the guitar heading around your back. The bass player in this video does one that way at 3:15, but it happens so quickly you only get a glimpse:

Oh, and do it with a cheap guitar. **** happens.

5. chillytc

chillytc Member

Bwa ha ha ha! That was funny - thanks for sharing. Dude had another guitar ready to go like that had happened before. Kudos to him for going for it but the outcome is pretty funny.

6. mralmostpopular

mralmostpopular Member

At the end of the video, they're talking about how it had happened once before.

7. The REAL Rocker

The REAL Rocker Member

I've done it quite a bit, and If you get it right, it looks cool to the chicks:beer, but you need to practice it quite a bit to get down the swing. Also, it is easier to do forward swings as opposed to from behind. Don't however, practice this with your main guitar, grab a cheap piece of crap for practice time..............The REAL Rocker.