Do you guys eat when you play?

Yer Blues

Do you guys eat when you do the standard 4 hour thing? I don't really like to, but sometimes I can't avoid it. I find it best if I eat a meal before I leave and bring a banana and cliff bar and eat it on breaks if I get hungry. I played with a drummer who ate a cheeseburger while playing one time.

Floyd Eye

Wash your hands before you pick your guitar back up. Unless you're a guy that changes strings before every gig, in which case FTW. :)

Marc Roy

When I gigged regularly, I'd eat supper at about 5:00 and be on stage at 10:00.

I used to have this habit of getting to the gig around 7:30, setting up and going to the pub next door to wolf down a burger and a pint. This wasn't too popular with the rest of the band though since I could produce some serious gas during the night.

I am not capable of eating and playing at the same time, but I will take a drink in between songs. One of these days I might actually be able to play while I'm drunk, but for now I just lose all motivation after about 4 beers.

Yer Blues

When I gigged regularly, I'd eat supper at about 5:00 and be on stage at 10:00.

I used to have this habit of getting to the gig around 7:30, setting up and going to the pub next door to wolf down a burger and a pint. This wasn't too popular with the rest of the band though since I could produce some serious gas during the night.
All the greats fart on stage. People think they are guitar faces, but we know better.

Yer Blues

I am not capable of eating and playing at the same time, but I will take a drink in between songs. One of these days I might actually be able to play while I'm drunk, but for now I just lose all motivation after about 4 beers.
Not too mention you need to drive home. I don't drink much when I play now. If it's getting towards the end of the night and someone buys me a drink I say "thanks" and then put it behind my amp. :idea

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
I try to eat at least an hour before the gig, never during the gig. We might go to a diner afterwards.

TheGuildedAge

I was never able to. On stage I was fine, but I have a sensitive stomach and I think the nerves manifested themselves before shows. I would eat a light dinner, have a drink or two while playing or on a break, then eat something light after that didn't keep me up later than I already was.

Pitar

Do you guys eat when you do the standard 4 hour thing? I don't really like to, but sometimes I can't avoid it. I find it best if I eat a meal before I leave and bring a banana and cliff bar and eat it on breaks if I get hungry. I played with a drummer who ate a cheeseburger while playing one time.
Hungry enough to a point of having to eat inside of 4 hours? Really? You can't avoid it? American? Do you have an eating disorder?

No breakfast, a couple pieces of fruit for lunch or half a sandwich and a respectable meal of small portions before 6:00 pm and I'm done.

Trending Topics