• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Do you guys have any pedals in front of your wah?

rybass

I have mine last in a chain of od, two fuzzes and distortion. I prefer the effect from that position.

fritferret

i put he wah last. the wah sounds clearer and cleaner to me that way and you get more of a wah effect.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
I have my Clyde Deluxe first after the tuner, but just in front of it sits a Demeter Fat Boost, a mid-boost pedal that gets a little use to ad a bit'o girth to P90's or a strat. After the Wah comes the OD's and bringing up the back-end, the time-based chorus, trem, delay, and finally a clean boost to the amp.

lofgren

ive had people tell me that they like theirs first in line and others last in line, I find my set up sounds best 2nd to last in line

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
Mine is first in line... sometimes the only thing infront of it is my tuner.

IMHO wah in front is best, just like my envelope filter. I believe Mr. Hendrix preferred his fist too... just sayin!

Last edited:

Vidarr

Silver Supporting Member
Standard position is first in line but honestly, just do what sounds best to your ears and what's best for your specific application. I use mine to make my HBOD and other ODs pop a bit more so it sits before any ODs, fuzzes or distortions except for the guitar disruptor. The guitar disruptor only comes on to make noise and crazy sounds. The wah really accents that so I have it after the disruptor.

iahawk36

Silver Supporting Member
I have my wah after all the OD's and boost pedals....I like how it sounds better that way...

chesire

I have mine first, but after reading all these comments I'm going to go home and try moving it to the end of the chain.

Up till now its been - Tele, Wah, CAE Boost, Jack Deville Deuce Coupe, Ibanez DL10, Ibanez TU20.

Fender074

There is no right or wrong way about this. Some people are going to have there Wah first in the signal chain others just before or or after there dirt pedals. The main thing that really matters is what your ears prefer and what sounds good to you! :aok
Me personally have my Wah pedal first in the chain fpllowed by fuzz > vibe > Dirt Etc :)

motis1953

After all my dirt. When using my Buddah Wah I almost always engage my EQD Dream Crusher (tweaked-Fuzz-Face) in front of it. An incredible pairing.

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
I like after. I was boosting too much noise from the old Cry Baby. I like the crazy 60's tones of a Fuzz before a wah.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
I tend to run a fuzz or two in front of my wah when I am using a wah in my pedal path.

Trending Topics